Chapter 66

Worth more than this

Chapter 66

Norman POV

I'm sitting here watching my wife while I guess she's unconscious, I stand up and move the hair from her face as I hear her breathing, I move my hand to her stomach place my hands on it, and start talking to my boys.

"Now boys can you make Mommy wake up? Daddy wants Mommy to wake up. Daddy needs your mommy, honey I'm so sorry I should've stayed home instead of getting the cats. Your falling is my fault I'm so sorry babe." There was a knock on the door, I said come in and it was Mom.

"Hey honey." As we hug. "How's your girl?"

"Don't know mom. Ah, there's something you need to know."

"Well by looking at Abigail I'd say you two are having a baby. Why didn't you tell me?"

"We were worried haven't even announced it in public. It's been so touch and go and we were worried she'd lose them and then have to tell everyone that she did we didn't think she'd be able to cope we meant to a week ago but her diagnosis has gotten worse. I'm sorry Mom I've been so busy and worried it wasn't on my mind." As I start crying I swear that all I do is cry now this is emotionally draining on me, as mom hugs me.

"Honey, honey I'm here. It's okay babe I can't imagine what you two are going through. It's okay I'd be upset if you didn't tell me after they were born but that is okay. Then you're having twins that's so great."

"Yeah, we are. I just want her awake and then we can focus on fixing her, she shouldn't be having this much trouble mom, she's a good person Mom."

"Like I'd let you marry just anyone that wasn't honey, things will get better. She's strong honey look at her girls they take after her she'll come through this and you'll see you'll be a family babe I know it."

"I want to hope that is true but all this it's too much. I don't know how much more I can cope with."

"Well, you don't have a choice Norman. You need to be strong for her and the twins she's carrying. They are counting on you to be strong, Abigail needs you to be the man she married."

"I'm trying Mom I am, I feel like I'm failing her, what kind of husband leaves his sick wife and kids alone to go pick up their cats? This stupid son of a bitch. I should've left the cats there they'd be fine but no I had to go pick them up, I should've been there looking after her I should've known she wasn't well."

"Hey stop beating yourself up over it. Things happen I'm sure you made a choice you thought was right and I won't hear you knocking yourself about." Then I hear a groan and a cough.

"Abbie baby you're awake."

"Ow, my head hurts." As Abbie tries to sit up I stop her, I press the buzzer to tell the staff she's awake.

"Honey don't move babe. You collapsed and hit your head."

"The boys are they okay?"

"Yeah, it's their mom we gotta worry about. The doctor is giving you antibiotics to help with your mouth which should help you with eating. Abbie babe why didn't you say anything sooner you were in pain and couldn't eat properly?"

"Didn't want to be a pain in the ass."

"Honey you aren't maybe you needed a doctor babe if you couldn't eat and you were in pain, you know better than that."

"What and bother Hilarie and Jeff and worry you, all I do is worry everyone I'm tired Norman I'm so tired of all this, I'm tired of being sick, this is all my fault if I hadn't been lazy I should've had this done years ago but no, now I'm suffering because I am fucking lazy."