Chapter 69

Worth more than this

Chapter 69

Two days later 10 August

Jeffrey POV

I've been thinking things need to change we went and visited Norman and Abbie yesterday who came home and I think they especially Norman are struggling, he's not saying anything because well that's just him but I can see it he isn't himself, I know Steven, Andy, Greg and our families have been to see them and I was surprised when I heard about Ross coming over but it sounds like no one else has and that's just wrong. I think Andy, Greg and I should talk about what we should be doing Norman is our friend and he needs our help, his family needs our help, I'm worried as Norman keeps saying he is getting these migraines they worry me and the number of times Abbie has collapsed that can't be good and no one and I repeat no one has come and seen them. I think about this as I ride into work I think we should take the main cast aside and talk to them to discuss what is happening and that our fellow member needs our help because I'm worried about him and his family, I honestly don't know how much more they can take. I park and go looking for Greg and see what we can do for them.

"Hey Greg can we talk? Andy you too." As they follow me.

"So Jeffrey what do you need Andy and I for?"

"I'm thinking we need to do something for Norman and Abbie. The man is struggling and you know his mom can't stay forever."

"Yeah, I haven't seen them in a few days," Andy said.

"Well I think there's only been us three and Steven and that's it I don't know what's happening to everyone else but I think we need to talk to everyone. I'm genuinely worried about Norman he has been getting really bad migraines and can't look after Abbie and she's due for another round soon three weeks I think and the man needs our help I've gotta go soon and I don't want to leave him alone."

"Understandable Greg we need to help them. Even if it's cooking meals that would be a help."

"Okay, we will arrange a cast meeting later today."

Later that day...

"We want to thank you all for coming today. We have a situation that I think needs discussing."

"Greg, Andy, and I are extremely worried about Norman and his family. They are struggling yeah they have his mom and did have her dad but except for us, Steven and Ross, you are supposed to be his friends and I would think you would want to know how they are coping or not. Norman is doing everything on his own they don't have a nanny or cook or anything yeah they can afford it but he wants to look after them. They need our help even to make some meals, go and say hi to them and see how they are doing, they are having a hard time Abbie's been in hospital twice this week their family needs us, we say we are family I think it's about time we show them that we care about them."

"Yeah, we should've said something sooner but we thought they were fine but they aren't."

"Andy and Jeffrey are right they are struggling."

"Well, why didn't they or Norman say anything though?" Asked Danai.

"Pride I guess he is hurt that most of you are ignoring him and his family because you know he'd never do this to any of you. He's the kind of man that would give you a kidney if you needed it and most of us haven't been there for them. That needs to change, it can't be passed on that's one thing you don't need to worry about." Greg says.

"I want to but she probably hates the idea of me being in her home."

"Melissa I doubt that he needs his friends, he needs to know you care. I'm not asking you to drop everything but call him and see how he is. Even that would be nice. They are having a really hard time what with the cancer and the babies. We need to do this for our people. Please think about this. That is all." We walk out and leave the rest of them talking. "So Jeff, Andy you think that might shake them up?"