Chapter 4. Nightmares

AN: WOOOHOO ANOTHER CHAPTER!
Rays POV  -around 2am-
I sighed whilst lazily laying on my bed trying to figure out if my parents even cared that I disappeared...probably not. I rolled off the side of the bed. It was 2am and I couldn't sleep so I quickly headed downstairs to the kitchen.

The Joker sat on barstool drinking some sort of alcohol. From what I saw it was  probably Whisky.
"Can't sleep doll face?" he smiled. "Yea.. " I sighed.

I took a seat on one of the barstool leaving a seat between us, just to be safe. After all he was an unpredictable man.
"Do you ever sleep?" I curiously asked the Joker.
"Well it depends...but yes I do" the Joker answered."Can I ask you something Joker?" I cautiously asked. The Joker stared at me for a minute

Was this a normal conversation with the Joker?  I never thought he was capable of talking with either laughing or throwing a giggle fit.

"Think I'm going to get some shut eye before you come and wake me in a few hours" I said a bit tiredly actually.

I dragged myself up stairs to my room where I fell on my bed almost instantly falling asleep.

I was back in our home where I grew up. I was running to the kitchen to grab a knife to protect myself. My parents came out of their room both looking extremely mad and they were yelling.
"YOU ARE GOING TO JAIL YOU LITTLE SPOILT BRAT"
"YOU CANT MAKE ME!!" I tried to scream at them but nothing came out of my mouth. Than I was dragged into the car by my father.

Than the dream ended and I jolted awake. I was shaking and tears were rolling down my cheeks . A knock sounded on my door and before I could reply the Joker walked into the room.

He didn't have any makeup on and his hair was partly green and at parts it was a dirty blonde.
"Are you ok? You were screaming and yelling that they couldn't make you go somewhere" the Joker looked at me his eyes showed a small amount of concern.

"It was just a bad dream about my past..." I muttered. He nodded before suggesting
"Want to talk about?"
Was he seriously being normal? But since I was shaking and I was pretty much crying so I just answered with a small nod.

"When I was fifteen I did something I deeply regret now but what I did in the past can't be changed. So one night my parents came yelling at me that I'm going to jail and well the policemen came and dragged me off to juvie for 2 years and I got out last year. They have been calling me a freak since" I explained to him.

The Joker just nodded at me before commenting
"That's a thing we have in common toots jail and crazy families that hate us" he slurred his words.

What did he mean by crazy families ,did he also have rough childhood ? Questions rolled though my mind.

"Oh and it's 5 am so start getting ready we will be creating you a costume would you like that?!" He suggested and I just nodded no longer completely uncomfortable around him.
---------------------------------------------

AN: here's another chapter hehehe things are going to start getting more serious soon .

-Arika