Chapter 20

Chapter 20                

I open my eyes to see my naked body lying on Ethan's,he was snoring slighlty like a little baby which made me smile.I gently climb over from him and put on his shirt,checking my phone at the same time,today is saturday so I don't have to go the the work and have a free weekend,for what I'm really happy and I aslo want to relax some.I decide to take a quick shower and put on my yesterday's clothes,it's not that much of a deal honestly,I can get changed anytime later.
I go down and see that nobody is awake yet,I take the milk out of fridge and look for some cereal.
"It's on the left shelf."I hear a voice suddenly and jump,I turn around to see Grayson in his PJs,which consists of a tank top and grey sweatpants.
"Oh thanks."I mumble and take the box of cereal,Grayson goes with the same breakfast and I give him the milk he always wants and we both start eating our breakfast in a total dreadfully awkward silence.
"Hey Gray,I wanted to talk to you about something."I say and try not to cringe because of my words,he just looks up at me giving me the 'I'm listening' face.
"Um..you know that night when..I left with Ethan..I wasn't feeling..I mean I'm sorry for leaving with him and not you because you helped me and then you guys started fighting and I was just scared and..didn't know what to do..I'm so sorry."I say snd try to avoid his gaze,I thought he wasn't gonna say anything but he spoke up.
"It's okay Avery,you shouldn't be feeling guilty..and I don't blame you for leaving with Ethan..you must have left with him actually..and that's what you did and I'm not even mad at you..so don't mind me."He stops looking at me for a moment,I think we both were concerned about this and now since I apologized I have to admit that I have felt relief.
"So we friends?"I ask.
"Yeah we friends."He smiles and I get up from my seat to hug him,that's when Ethan comes in the kitchen.
"What did I miss?"He asks with his usual sarcastic tone and I laugh.
"Well we're getting married next week."I say and take Grayson's hand in mine.
"And am I invited?"Ethan says,while trying to make a sandwich.
"I don't think so,maybe.."I smile.
"I better be."He furrows his brows and takes a bite of his sandwich.
"Yeah yeah whatever."I mutter and take the empty dirty bowls which are from me and Grayson and put them in the sink.
"Where's momma?"Ethan playfully asks and I know he is talking about Cameron.
"I think she left last night."Grayson answers.
"But she was here when I arrived?"I said in a questioning tone.
"Yeah but she left later,I'm not sure for why though."Grayson frowns. "Wait I'll call her."I say and dial her number on my phone,luckily she answers.
"Cam?Where are you?"I ask.
"I'm at Nate's,he called me last night,he needed someone who'd look after his sister,his mom is really sick and she's at the hospital so.."She explained.
"I was going to let you guys know but you and Ethan were already alseep and didn't want to wake you up."She added.
"Oh okay then,I hope she'll get well soon."I say and hung up.The twins give me that interested looks.
"She said Nate's mom was really sick and is in a hospital and Cam is taking care of his younger sister,I think he doesn't want to tell her about their mom,she's still little you know."I explain to them and they mumble something to each other.
Before I put on my phone back in my pocket the screen lights up and I see 'Lucy the Ophthalmologist' on it and laugh at my choice of namig her contact,I slide the button and answer. "Hello am I talking to Avery Williams?"A Female voice asks,her manager again,why does she always has her phone.
"Yes miss."I say bored,then I hear something and I realize another person grabs the phone.
"Hey Avery,how you feeling?"I recognise Lucy's voice through the phone.
"Oh I'm good actually,how are you?"I ask back.
"As usual,I wanted to ask you if have some free time today?"
"Yeah..I'm actually free the whole day."
"Good..so I guess you can meet me today right?"
"Yeah what time?"I ask.
"About 2 pm."She informs.
"Alrighty."I say and she hungs up,I think she was calling about the examinations,the results must have been ready,I wonder how it turned out.
"Who was it?"Ethan asks me.
"Oh it was my eye doctor,she told me to meet her today,I think it's about those examination result shit."I answer while laughing slightly.