crush (cowan)

"That's a wrap guys!" The director's voice floated through the large building, and Rowan sighed a breath of relief. Truth was, she hated being Riley. The writers made her the unrealistic one out of all the characters. Sabrina plays the character that everyone loves. It got to the point where she hated going on twitter, because all she saw were Riley hate comments.

"She's so annoying!"
"Can Maya be the main character??"
"Ew, I hate Riley even more than usual in this ep."

As much as she tried to ignore it, it really got to her. Corey suddenly approached her, and she plastered a fake smile on her face. Hopefully this would be the last season of girl meets world-She'd rather die than play Riley for another year.

"You okay?" He asked, rubbing her back.

Rowan sighed and shook her head. Corey was the only person who knew about how much she hated what she did, and often tried to cheer her up by saying things like:

"the more seasons the more money!"
"You have a better chance at being hired for bigger roles if you keep playing her!"
"Your acting is amazing, please don't give up now. Screw what people think."

As much as she wanted to believe him, it didn't quite help. She wasn't in it for the money, or to be a bigger star, or even acting. It was about having fun, doing what she thought she'd love, and meeting new people, especially the fans. But she barely met any people who liked her character. "Who's your favorite" she'd ask, knowing it was a taboo question. Her insecurity always kicked in while meeting them. They'd always respond with "Maya!" or "Farkle." Even topanga, but never Riley.

"Come on, not this again." Corey smiled, taking her hand and leading her to the dressing room.

"It's just.. I'm hoping we don't have to film a season 4. Is that bad?"

"You think I like playing Farkle?" He said suddenly.

Rowan furrowed her eyebrows. "You... Don't?"

"I'm gonna be the person who loses their shit in ten years just to prove that I'm not just some science geek on Disney channel." He chuckled, referring to saved by the bell and many other fallen Disney celebrities.

"I guess you're right," She laughed. "But that would most likely be me, since I'm the star."

Corey nodded in agreement. "See, you're feeling better already. You ready to go back out there?"

"Can we just.. Talk here for a little while longer?"

Corey readjusted himself in his chair. "Of course, I'd do anything for you."

Silence filled the small space, and Rowan was looking at the floor, while he was looking at her.
"Corey, I've wanted to ask you something for a while now." She lifted her head up, her brown eyes meeting blue.

"What is that, row?"

She scratched the back of her head, not knowing how to convert her thoughts into words. It's been something that lingered in the back of her mind for longer than she intended, and it was just the sight of Corey that reminded her of what she tried to push away.

"You.. treat me the same way you treat Riley." Rowan started, waiting for his reaction. Sure enough, his cheeks turned a light shade of pink. They always did, only around her.

"I-I don't-"

"Looking back at the episodes we've shot, you.. Look at me like I'm your everything. That's... not in the script." As she spoke, she realized what was in front of her face for years. How could she be so oblivious?
"Corey, I've noticed the way you look at me, why do you look at me like that?"

"Rowan, I treat you as I do because you're special. You're my best friend."
He explained, growing shy underneath her suspicious glare.

"Mhm.. Yeah." She smirked. "I like you, Corey."

He hid his face in his hands, and for a minute, Rowan wondered if she'd made a mistake by telling him. Corey grinned, grabbing her hands.
"I like you too."

"Now, was that so hard?" She finally got to see those gorgeous blue eyes up close. There were tons of times they got lost in each others eyes during Riarkle scenes, but nobody seemed to catch it, passing it off as them just playing their characters.
But really, since the day they saw each other, episode by episode, day by day, they were falling for each other. It may have taken three years for them to admit it, but it was worth it.

"You're so much more beautiful up close." Whispered Corey, holding her waist, which was all too familiar. Before, he'd only got to hold her in a platonic manner. They finally could be together, outside of the show.

"You're much more mine up close." Giggled Rowan, pressing her lips onto his. The kiss felt like something off of a movie, heartwarming, electrified, and everything in-between. After years of pretending, she was happy to not have to.

"I love you, Rowan." He breathed the words he's always wanted to say forever.

"And I love you, Corey."