2. Aiden

I'm running again. So fast my legs are ready to give out. An unknown figure wearing a lab coat drenched in my blood chases me. I turn every endless hallway in an infinite laboratory, knowing there is no way out. My legs and lungs and heart are burning with pain, but I keep going, trying to imagine and trick myself into believing that I can finally escape. I trip on something. I look down only to see a rotting corpse. My stomach churns and I scream and-- I wake up. And suddenly I can't catch my breath.
In. Out. In. Out.
My eyes dart around the motel room making sure I'm safe. The old red curtains and cheap mattress bring me back to reality. "Just another nightmare." I mutter to myself.
The walls blink the time. 3:07 am. Great. Exactly five hours and fifty-three minutes till my flight.

I make my way to the East Florida Airport, an area filled with hundreds of abandoned self driving cars. In 2115, we sucked all the oil out of Earth, every last drop because that's how selfish we are. No one thought it was even possible, but it happened and instead of realizing that we are the reason the Earth and everything in it is dying, we blame anything that can't argue. Now, we solely rely on fossil fuels, and only for planes. Everywhere else we just walk or ride bikes.
A couple of blondes walk past me giggling, I smirk, strictly for my own amusement of course. It's times like these where it seems like everything is fine. Like the world isn't ending. Like the human race isn't one sneeze away from extinction.
Every dull entrance leading into the airport has exactly ten SZ's. Sanitizers are airheads that can't find a job anywhere else. They wear dark, germ resistant clothing that covers every inch of their white skin. To top it all off, a gas mask. Three slits just in front of the mouth and mesh cloth in front of the eyes. Their only purpose is to remove every invasive germ from every person, using their newest crap of technology. They think the scientists actually know what they're doing. Trust me, they don't.
As soon as they're done, they hand me my ticket. Flight 777 seat 56A. Of course. The rich and wealthy are seated at the very front of the plane, there, they have the luxury of having a private area accustomed with their own personal flight attendant. And, they are the first to be evacuated in case of an emergency. I'm just an orphan that stole just enough points to get the cheapest seat on the plane. Our currency is measured in safely guarded electronic points to help limit fraud and theft. Inside, the walls are made of specially engineered glass that protects diseases and such from getting inside. Supposedly. Mothers and fathers and siblings are embracing their children or parents. My jaw tightens mimicking the jealousy I feel. Although I have no family, I'm better off alone. I don't have to depend on anyone for my wellbeing that way. Everyone knows love is a weakness ready for exploitation. Ready to destroy you.
The fifty-six other passengers are waiting to enter the plane outside in the gate. Automatically the rich are separated from the others. A lean man with black hair wears a tan suit, accented with small diamonds. He speaks to a younger woman, just as wealthy, with dyed purple hair. Her dark skin complimenting the giant hunk of diamond on her ring finger and neck. All that money gone to waste, for the sake of fashion.