Chapter 3

[This chapter will be in Marks perspective]

Jack walked me to the hotel I was staying at so I could get all of the things I needed out of my hotel room, and to check out of it. On the way back to his apartment we talked more about our pasts. Apparently he was a YouTuber before all that died down. Ironically, I was too. And what was even more ironic was that we were both gamers.

"Jesus, the more I talk to you the more I realize how much we have in common. It's like I'm talking to a clone of myself!" Jack said excitedly. We both laughed at how true that was.

"When do you think your roommates will get back to your apartment?" I asked.

"Hmm... Probably in about ten minutes. So the same time that we will get back, why?"

"I don't know, just wondering I guess..." I trailed off a little. I started to think about his roommates. Will they like me? What if they don't? Will they make me stay somewhere else? Or even worse... Make Jack live somewhere else?

"Hey, are you alright buddy? You look like you're thinking about something that isn't very happy." Jack asked in concern. Well, he might as well say it.

"Uhm... Do you think your roommates will like me? I mean... what if they don't like who I am...?" Jack gave me a puzzled look.

"What makes you think that? They are two of the nicest people I know. And might I add that they are two of the few people that accepted that I liked guys. That's a reason why I moved in with them. They accepted me, unlike any of my other friends. Don't worry, they'll definitely like you." Jack made it sound like he knew that for sure, but how could he?

"O-okay... Thanks..." Jack smiled at me.

"Again, they'll love you. Now let's go to the liquor store to get some beer for celebration!" I looked down at the sidewalk. "Whoo! It's gonna-" I saw that Jack caught a questioning glimpse of me. "Is everything alright? I swear Mark, if you're still worried that they won't like you, I will slap the living daylights out of you."

"I can't drink. It's not my choice-well, I guess  technically it kind of would be my choice-but I can't. My body was never really able to process alcohol that well, but after I had a minor heart attack a few months back, the doctors said I couldn't drink at all anymore. If I did, I could die." I didn't stutter or hesitate in saying that. I guess I just wanted him to know, we are soul mates, after all.

He calmly smiled at me. "That's alright. We don't have to go get some booze, then. If you would just rather head to the Shop really quick and get some soda then we can."

I smiled back. "Yeah, that'd be great."

~~~

When we got back to his apartment, we found his roommates cuddling on the couch watching a movie on Netflix. Kinda cliche for a couple, if you ask me. Then again, I'd love to do that with Jack. 

They paused the movie to look at the door. I can't describe what I saw.

...

Happy faces. Smiling at me. For the first time. (Jack is an exception, he is my soulmate, after all.)

I smiled back.

"Hi Jack! Is this You-Know-Who?" The guy asked quite jokingly. I couldn't help but notice Jack grow a little pink.

"Yes, it- I mean he is. Mark?" Jack motioned towards me. "This is Thomas, my friend of twenty years. And this is his girlfriend, Amber." He then motioned towards them.

"Hello Mark! It's nice to meet you!" Amber said happily.

"It's nice to meet you too." I got surprised faces from the two new acquaintances.

"You don't have an accent? Where are ye from?" Thomas asked abruptly.

"Cincinnati, Ohio." They still looked confused. "America." I felt my face heat up in embarrassment.

They 'Oh-ed', now knowing the truth of my origination. "Well, that's me." I said trying to break the silence that held on for a few seconds.

"Oh come on, Mark. There's much more to know about you then where you came from, tell them more!" Jack said excitedly.

"Okay then... Uhm... I like video games?" That came out more as a question then a response. "Uhm... I'm here cause my family treats me like shit because I'm gay...?" Again, more of a question than anything.

"What? You're family doesn't respect your sexuality?" Amber asked in surprise.

"Well, I'm assuming that the people of Ireland are more for gay marriage and stuff like that. America, on the other hand, took a long time. It was only a little over a year ago that gay marriage became legalized in all fifty states." I got shocked looks from everyone in the room.

"America is fucked up, dude." Thomas said. 

Well... he's not wrong... I thought silently to myself.

"Well then. Now that you are introduced to Markimoo here-" Wait, Markimoo? "-we should play Mexican Train and drink only the finest of sodas!" Jack said enthusiastically.

We all nodded and headed into the kitchen to set up Mexican Train, a classic domino's game played by many. Amber chose the purple train, Thomas chose the blue train, Jack chose the green train, and I chose the red train.

We played until we decided that it was way too late at night (11:43 p.m., to be exact). Thomas and Amber walked I to their room, probably just to sleep.

"Hey, uh... Jack? Where am I sleeping?" I asked with a very tired tone.

"Well... I was thinking that you could maybe sleep with me...?" His face turned a slight shade of pink.

"U-uh yeah... sure." I stuttered. I mean, considering the fact that we bonded pretty quickly made me think that we'll probably make this last. That means that we would be sleeping in the same bed at some point anyways.

"Cool. Well, I'm pooped. How about we head to my room?" He asked.

"Yeah... Yeah, sure."

From that moment on, I knew that I was going to be happier than I have ever been in my life.

~~~

1042 words. I think that's reasonable. You?

Anyways, yes, I unpublished my other two stories. Why? I want to focus on one for the moment, and I don't want people shitting on me for not updating. I know, such a good reason. (You feel my Irish?)

Anyways, updates will be a little rare. I had piles of homework this week and I got kinda stressed out, so bear with me. I hope you all enjoy this chapter, and all of the other ones to come. Tell me what you think of it so far, and yes, there will be Jack's POVs. The POV I choose depends on what I have planned for the chapter. Anyways, tell me what you think of it in the comments.

Have a good day!