7

I woke up to an empty bed. I looked around the room but Ethan was no where to be found.
Then I heard the door open.
"Get back in bed" it was Ethan but it jumped me a little. I didn't expect it, but I got back in bed.
"I made you breakfast, I just made eggs and bacon with some toast though" he smiled and brought me over breakfast.
"Thanks cutie" I said as he placed my plate down. When he put it in my lap I dove in. He cooks pretty good to be honest.
"Do you like it?" He asked chuckling at me going at my food like a vulture.
"Yes" I laughed.
When I Finished he grabbed my plate and went down stairs to wash in. Then I see Grayson walking in.
"Hey" he smiled sitting next to me.
"Hey how's you and Marissa?" I asked smiling back at him and trying to start conversation.
"Really good. I'm super happy with her" I could see the excitement in his eyes. You could see he truly liked Marissa a lot.
"I'm really glad to hear that"
"Yeah" he said and an awkward silence broke out. To break the silence he spoke again.
"How are you and Ethan doing?"
"Super good" i nodded to him.
"That was kinda a stupid question. He talks about you all the time"
"Awww that's super cute" I blushed a little. No guy has ever talked about me, well not in a good way, anyways.
"Just treat him good. He's way more sensitive than you think" he said and his eyes trailed away from mine. That seemed odd.
"What do you mean?" I asked because I was sorta concerned onto what he meant by that.
"Well I'm going to go shower now" he said pointing out with his thumbs and trying to leave but I grabbed his shirt.
"No tell me what you mean. Now." He stayed quiet.
"Was it that hard of a question Grayson? What did you mean by that?" I asked again.
"Nothing." His voice got higher a little bit and his eyes failed to reach mine.
"Grayson I'm not stupid. Tell me what you meant"
"I didn't mean anything oh my god!" He said raising his voice, clearly getting as frustrated as me.
"Just tell me what you meant Grayson!" I raised my voice as well.
"Fine!" His eyes looked like they were getting shinier, like he was about to cry. My heart started beating faster. I was scared. "Yesterday we went to the doctors because lately Ethan has been feeling sick stuff all the time, so we made an appointment. The doctors took his blood for testing and when they came back" a tear fell from his eye "it came back that he had cancer. Stage 2."
At this point I felt my stomach drop. Cancer? Why didn't he just tell me? Is this why he didn't text me back yesterday? It felt like the ground was breaking beneath me.
"Is this why he never texted me back yesterday?" I said looking down at my feet. Trying my hardest to hold in the tears, but i felt a couple slide down my cheeks.
"Yes, he didn't know what to say to you, and he was scared you were going to leave him."
So, this guy I'm falling for, gets cancer and I don't know when I could loose him. What do I do? I am making every single day with him the best possible.
Then Ethan walks in and looks at both of us crying. He looks confused.
"Ethan why didn't you tell me?..." I asked still looking down.
"I didn't want to loo-" I cut him off by running up to him and hugging him tighter than ever.
"Ethan I'm not going anywhere. You promised forever, forever is what you get too"