11

3 months later
The next morning I wake up, but Ethan is still asleep, so I wait. I sat there for a couple hours in his arms. He never sleeps this long. I shake him to wake him up.
"Ethan wake up" I shook him harder. He wasn't even moving. I looked to his stomach... he wasn't even breathing. I start crying and screaming.
"ETHAN WAKE UP. GRAYSON HELP!" I start bawling.
"Ethan please" I shake him harder. I got up and stood next to him trying to wake him up. He wouldn't. Grayson came in.
"What's going on?" He said worried and looking at me crying.
"Ethan." I start crying harder making it hard for me to speak.
"He- he won't" Its hard for me to speak. I fall to my knees. "Wake up Ethan" I put my hands up to my face. Grayson stands in shock. I'm not too sure what he's doing, but at this point I could care less. I put my hand up and grab Ethan's.
"Ethan, you promised me forever, It hasn't been forever yet. Please Baby, please don't leave me." I look over and Grayson pulls out his phone to call the ambulance.
They finally get there and rush to the room. I'm shoved back. I'm still crying. Harder and harder. I can't loose him. They take his pulse. I hear a nurse say "no pulse" that's when I broke down. I ran. I ran as fast as I could. Crying. I didn't look back. I just ran. I just dropped. Right on the side walk. I dropped to my knees. "He's gone." I said to myself. I cried and cried. I didn't seem to run out of tears.
I didn't even tell him he was going to be a father. I was going to surprise him. My baby. He was gonna have one of his own.
"Ethan Dolan" I look up. "I love you. Please come back. I can't take care of this baby alone. Please baby boy, come back to me." I didn't bother getting up. I was there for what felt for days.
I ended up walking home. As soon as I walked in I was pulled into Grayson's arms. I cried again, and pulled him close.
"Penelope I'm so sorry"
"I'm sorry too gray." After we let go I went upstairs and looked at the bed. I bit my lip and closed my eyes. I imagined us laying there. Him holding me close. Next week was supposed to be a year. I go to his closet and grab I shirt. I pull mine off and put his on. This was the shirt he gave me when I forgot my own. I lifted the top and smelt it. It still had his scent.
"Hey, you wanna rent a hotel tonight? I don't think it's the best to be here tonight" he smiled sympathetically at me.  I just nod to him. "Okay wait downstairs. I pack some stuff for you" I looked at him directly in the eyes for the first time today. I could see the heartbreak. He lost his best friend. His brother. I go over and hug him again. A tear rolls down his cheek.
"He loved you so much Grayson" we stood there for another good 5 minutes.
"Trust me Penelope, he loved you so much."
I loved him too. More than the world. It seems like yesterday he got stiches in his foot, or the day we met in person. I just wanna hear him say I love you one last time.

We got to the hotel. The first thing I did was get in the shower. I stood there feeling the warm water hit my back. All the sudden I felt someone grab my waist.
"It's okay. I'm in a better place now" I hear whispered in my ear. It was Ethan. I turn around and see his figure.
"Ethan?" He leaned and kissed my forehead.
"Please move on baby girl. Be happy. I know you can" I cried, I opened my mouth to say something but he was gone.

He said forever. I need that forever. I need him.