Chapter 16: Patience

Shawn's POV:

After what happened with Cali and the party last night, it inspired me to write a song. She probably knows it's about her but I honestly don't care, I just need to get all this off my chest.

I grab my guitar and a paper and pen. I sat at my dest and started writing down my thoughts. I found a good tune on the guitar that I thought would fit the song. I started playing it and singing my thoughts, turning them into lyrics.

–––

About 3 hours later, I had the song done. I called my manager and we got time to go to the studio to record.

I can't wait to release this so she can know how I feel. It feels so good to have this song already.

We got to the studio and I told Andrew what was going on. "I'm gonna make this a single, I don't wanna wait to release it." I said to him. "Alright, then let's get recording." Andrew said.

A few hours later we finished. "You think we could release it tomorrow?" I asked. "I think it's possible." Andrew said. I nodded and thanked him.

Tweet @/ShawnMendes:
Surprise.. #PatienceTomorrow

I send out the tweet and headed home. I was tired, but decided to try to write more songs.

Cali's POV:

I was at Nash's house when my phone went off. It was Shawn's tweet. Apparently he has a new song coming out tomorrow. "Do you think it's about me?" I showed Nash the tweet. "Who knows.." He laughed. "Alright.. Let's see what everyone's saying about it."

I went to Shawn's tweet and looked at the replies.

"YAS omg can't wait! #PatienceTomorrow"

"Oh I bet it's about that Cali girl😳"

"Did him and Cali break up?! #PatienceTomorrow"

I turned off my phone after looking at more tweets. "I hate how people assume things" I sighed and flopped on the couch. "Mhm" Nash was too busy watching tv. I laughed and laid my head on his shoulder. "Ewww why ya watching footballlllll" he gasped "What's wrong with football??" "It's borningggg" I laughed. "Fine then what do you wanna watch?" He gave me the remote. "Thanks nashtyyyyy" I smiled and sat up. "Yeah yeah"

–––

"Just announced, Shawn Mendes on the GMA singing his new single 'Patience' this morning, live!" I looked at Nash then the tv. "Alright.. Let's listen to this.." I wasn't sure if I should or not.

sorry I took like a million years to update; but I hope you like it :)