0.4 ➸ jily [confessions]︙part 1

story suggested by: bluecoolicecream

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

James Potter stood listening at the door. Although it wasn't very polite, he couldn't help himself.

"Come on Lily, admit you at the least have a soft spot for him," Lily's best friend Mary McDonald teased.

"That is out of the question Mary!" she retorted defensively.

Could they be talking about me? James wondered.

"Really?" Mary raised her eyebrows. "Then why do you look over at him every chance you get?!"

"I do not," she muttered flushing.

Ha! So it's true, she does like me-

"Come on, let's go get some dinner," Mary laughed, her voice getting louder as she approached the door.

As quick as lightning, James scooted down one of the many staircases at Hogwarts, ran to the Great Hall and sat down in between Remus Lupin and Sirius Black who were saving him a seat.

"So? Shoot," Sirius' first two words were as soon as James sat down.

"So what?" he frowned.

"What did you find out? Come on, you gotta share! You can't just leave me hanging like this!" Sirius pleaded.

"Honestly, I don't know why you two get so worked up about this sort of stuff," Remus paused, "Especially you Sirius,"

"Are you just jealous I have tons of girls swarming around me every second and you don't?" he smirked.

"No, I-"

Ding, ding, ding.

Albus Dumbledore stood up at the front of the Great Hall, "I would like to say good luck to all the wizards and witches taking the N.E.W.T exams next week. Try your best and it is guaranteed you shall pass." he sat down and resumed talking with Slughorn.

"It's guaranteed? Guaranteed? Wow thanks for the support Dumbledore, because it's guaranteed we'll pass," Sirius rolled his eyes and Remus sniggered.

"And what just do you think your laughing at huh Remus? What if you F.A.I.L?" James raised his eyebrows spelling it out at his nerdy friend.

He goes pale and widens his eyes.

"Oh come on Remus, he was just joking! Take a break will you? I bet your head is probably buzzing with recipes for Potions and methods on Transfiguration." Sirius rolled his eyes. "Now, back to you," he said turning to James with eager eyes, "Give me some juicy gossip and just maybe I will leave you alone tomorrow."

"Okay fine. She likes me," he grinned cheekily, his eyes sparkling.

"I knew it! Ha! Now you just have to ask her out on a date buddy!"

James scoffed and rolled his eyes and held his glass to his lips, "In your dreams. I'm not asking her out! You and I both know she's a snob."

He winced in saying this and tried to hide it by coughing wildly and pretending his drink went down the wrong way. Sirius smirked and got up from the table. He patted his mate's back and left in the direction of the Gryffindor Common Room.

James rested his head in his hands thinking about Lily Evans. Her beautiful green eyes, her lovely red flowing hair, her cute smir-.

"-Dude, you really do have to find a way to ask her out and stop having these trances," Remus' voice cut into his head and jerked him out of dream world. He left with a wink silently and made his way to the library to study.

So, if I did ask Evans out where would I find her? If I was preparing for my N.E.W.T Exams with my best friend where would I go?

Suddenly it clicked in his head. He hurriedly left the table and attempted to run to the girls quarters, but instead found himself clashing bodies with a small dark haired kid.

"Where do you think you're going Potter?" Severus Snape snarled.

The only thing that blocked James from Lily, was Snape. Mentally, Emotionally and Physically.

"Severus Snape. What just do you think you're doing?" a clear cold but soft voice rang out.

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

author's note:
yay!! how exciting!! a two part story, possibly even three!! i was just itching to update and by the way, if you haven't noticed wormtail is not in this story. more of lily's friends may come in later but i guess it depends on how the story unravels.

i found it really fun writing the Sirius and Remus parts so maybe that's something i'll do in the future. honestly, i've already for a few story ideas written out already so we'll see as time goes along.

i really hoped you enjoyed it and don't worry, i'll try and post part two as quickly as i can. but for now, au revoir!

love you all!
-Leah♡

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆