Chapter 10

Stefan's POV
She walks beside me trying to keep up with my step not saying a word. Did I scare her? I was stupid for saying that out loud as she probably doesn't love me anymore because she has Damon but I still want to be in her life somehow. I just hope she lets me be. I know I shouldn't feel bad or guilty because she was the one who did me wrong, not the other way round but I feel ashamed for still having some sort of attraction to her.
"You coming over later?" I ask her but I inwardly facepalm after my question, "To see Damon I mean". I still hate it. Hate that she comes over to see Damon and not me but I guess it's something to get used to now.
Elena nods her head as to imply yes and I just acknowledge it but don'tb say anything because I know my mouth won't have a filter if I open it.

Elena's POV
He brings me to my doorstep and thank him for walking me and he just nods and says goodbye.
I shut my door and I lean against it letting out a sigh of guilt and I stay there trying to compose myself before getting ready to go over later.

Stefan's POV
I stroll back to my place and yes I know I could just use "super vampire speed" but I need to use this time to think.  One statement and one question keeps replaying in my head like a broken record
I still love her. But why?
I get to the driveway and realise I need to do something about it.