Chapter Four: Running escape

Maria's POV:

I wriggled and squirmed trying to get loose of the ropes. I saw Jack panicking to get free. Finally I freed my arms and the my legs. The only problem was the rope was holding the pole around me waist. I found a knife fortunately. I cut the rope and went to Jack. I found him laying on the ground away from the fire. I began to cut the ropes. "Took your time love?" Jack questioned. "At least I didn't let ye burn to a crisp," I snapped. "Let's just go before they come back." Jack led the way since I obviously had no idea where to go. We came up on a small hut. Jack ran in and came out with rope.

"What do you plan on doing? There is a giant gap between us and freedom," I said. I could tell he wasn't listening. As he stood near the edge I noticed he began to lose his balance. Before I knew it he was falling back. I ran forward and grabbed the rope. "Always know how to make things difficult," I shouted. "Oh shut it!" He called. I attempted to pull him up. I stood on the stone ledge. Suddenly I heard crumbling under me feet. "Bugger," I said. Suddenly the stones under me feet gave away and we began to fall.

I yelled and stared down at Jack who was shouting. Thankfully there were bridges to help slow the fall down and to make it funny for me. Jack hit the ground, and then I landed on top of him. He groaned in pain. "Come on let's go," I said getting up. I stared at him. He seemed to be stuck there. I hauled him up and ran.

Jack's POV:

After running through the forest and passing the cannibals we reached the beach. I saw the pearl begin to take off. Suddenly I saw two things. One all the cannibals chased after me. Two Maria began to run past me. We made it to the ship. Maria climbed on deck. "Alas my children remember this as the day that you almost...," before I could finish a wave soaked me back. "Captain Jack Sparrow." I heard Maria laughing uncontrollably. I climbed on deck and felt me coat land on me shoulders. "Lets put some distance between us and this island and head out to open sea," Gibbs said.

"Yes to the first yes to the second only if we stay as close to the shallows as possible," I said.

"Uh that seems a bit contradictory captain," Gibbs said.

"I have every faith in your reconciliatory navigational skills, Master Gibbs, now where is that monkey? I want to shoot something," I said. I saw Maria roll her eyes at me.

Maria's POV:

I followed Will and Jack to the helm. I listened to them talk. I watched Jack show Will the key.

"How much you know about Davy Jones?" Jack asked.

"Not much," Will said.

"Yea it's going to save Elizabeth." Jack said. I rolled my eyes at him once more.