Chapter Seven: Souls of Tortuga

Jack's POV:

I watched Gibbs sign up our souls. I messed with me blasted compass. "I know what I want, I know what I want." I said. I shook the compass and opened it. It spun around and pointed in a direction. I looked towards it and saw Maria leaning against a beam. I sneered at the compass and closed it again. "How we doing?" I asked. "Including those four? That gives us...Four!" He said. A next man came to Gibbs. In the middle of the conversation I began to recognize the person. I grabbed a palm leaf from a pot and hid my face behind it. I walked past him as he shouted to people. "Or should I just kill you now?" He questioned pointing a pistol towards me. I moved my face to one side of a beam. His pistol followed me. I moved again and the pistol still followed me. "Your hired." I said. "Sorry old habits and all that." He said. As some people grabbed his arm I bolted over to Gibbs.

Maria's POV:

As a bar fight broke out I ran over to Jack. "Time to go?" Jack yelled. "Aye." I said. We ran across the way. We ran up a set of stairs. Jack missed a flying bottle reaching down for a hat. We reached th top and found a man sitting on the edge of the stairs. Jack traded hats with him. "Thanks mate." He said. He tapped the man making him tip over. We came to a door. Men ran out carrying another. Jack placed the hat on the man being carried. He stepped out of their way and said, "Carry on" I rolled my eyes and followed after him. "Who was that?" I asked. "Bloody Norrington trying to get his revenge." Jack said. "Commodore?" I asked. "Aye" Jack answered. We raced back to the docks.

When we relaxed we began to board. Suddenly a voice was heard. "Captain Sparrow" he said. "Come to join me crew lad welcome aboard." Jack said "I'm here to find the man I love." She said. I instantly knew who it was. Jack stopped in his tracks. "I'm deeply flattered son, but my first and only love is the sea." He said pointing over the dock. "Meaning William Turner Captain Sparrow." Elizabeth said. He turned around and said, "Elizabeth" he looked to Gibbs. "Hide the rum." Elizabeth looked at me and then Jack and then back to me once more. I just shook my head. I understood her questioning. She was wondering why I wasn't under his arm.

Jack's POV:

"You know these clothes do not flatter you at all. It should be a dress or nothing. I happen to have no dress in my cabin." I said. I was trying to make Maria jealous. "Jack. I know Will came to find you. Where is he?" She asked. "Darling, I am truly unhappy to have to tell you this but... through an unfortunate and entirely unforeseeable series which have nothing whatsoever to do with me, poor Will has been press-ganged into Davy Jones' crew." I said. I saw Maria roll her eyes. "Davy Jones?" She asked. "Oh please. The captain of the Flying Dutchman." Norrington said. "You look bloody awful. What are you doing 'ere?" I asked. "You hired me. I can't help it if your standards are lax." He said. "You smell funny." I said.

I couldn't really think of anything to say. "Jack. All I want is to find Will." She said. "Are you certain? Is that what you really want most?" I asked.

Maria's POV:

I watched as Jack placed the compass in Elizabeth's hands. I watched it spin and then point in a single direction. I finally knew where that compass pointed. It points to the thing you want most in this world. Suddenly Jack looked at the compass. "Mr.Gibbs.." he called. "Aye captian." Gibbs said. "We have our heading." Jack said. "Finally! Cast off those lines, weigh anchor, and that canvas!" Gibbs shouted. "Mrs. Swann" Jack said letting Elizabeth go first. I rolled my eyes at him. We boarded the Pearl and quickly set sail. Elizabeth was wondering the deck. "The last time you were on this deck you saved the crew." I said standing next to her. "Yes. Maria what has happened between you and Jack? The last I saw you were pratically in each other's arms." She asked.

"Something I'd rather not talk about." I said. "Come tell me." She urged. "No, it's....to long of a story." I said. "I don't mind a long story." She said. "I can tell you won't stop until I tell ye." I said. She nodded. "Fine, I'll make it short. We were robbing a mansion. When we were arrested he left me. I escaped by me self because I charmed the guards into liking me. When I returned I found him charming another lass. He did all of this in a hour!" I said. "Well that's Captain Sparrow for you." She said. "I would have left, but I don't know where I'd go. I'm wanted all over the Caribbean and I have too much fun 'ere." I said. "I could tell he was trying to make you jealous by flirting with me." She said. "I don't give a damn anymore about 'im. I just don't care." I said. "Well it's somewhat good you keep your heart under wraps." She said. "Why's that?" I asked. "Because you never know when he might sneak in there again." She said. She left to an extra cabin's to sleep. I went to my bunk and fell asleep.