Chapter Six: The Flying Dutchman

Maria's POV:

"Dirt....this is a jar of dirt." Jack said. "Yes" she said "Is the jar of dirt going to help?" he asked. "If you don't want it give it back." she said. "No" Jack said. "Then it helps." she said. "It seems we have a need to find the Flying Dutchman." Will said. Tia Dalma sat down and picked up crab shells. "A touch.....of destiny." she said. The crab claws sprawled across the desk. Which gave us the place of the Flying Dutchman.

As we left the shack I was stopped by Tia Dalma. She grabbed my arm and pulled me aside.

"What is your name girl?" She asked.

"Maria" I said.

"Maria, Sparrow is your love yes?" She questioned.

"No" I said.

"He use to be. Am I right?" She questioned.

"Yes. That was before...an event." I said.

"What event?" She pushed.

"An event I'd rather not talk about." I said.

"Don't let one ting ruin your heart." She said.

I didn't quite know what she meant by ruin my heart but I just ignored it. When I climbed down the ladder I had a rather disappointing surprise waiting for me. The only free space was up front next to Jack. I grudgingly sat next to him. I felt him smirk at me. I only stared ahead.

I knew he was up to no good. But I could tell he had a bit of fear under all the charm and arrogance. "You know I had quite fun being close to you when we were with the pelogostos." He whispered. I rolled my eyes. I didn't want to listen to anything he had to say. When we made it back to the ship I completly tried to forget that Sparrow existed. The only problem was his arrogance and madness made it clear he was there.

Jack's POV:

I sat and stared at that damn jar of dirt. I didn't quite understand it, but it was keeping me alive. We sailed quickly and as night fell and a storm appeared we reached the Flying Dutchman. Well more like her latest victim. Gibbs, Will, Maria, and I stood by the rail and stared at the wreckage. "That's the Flying Dutchman?" Will questioned. "She doesn't look like much." "Neither do you. Do not underestimate her." I said. I punched Gibbs in the gut. "Must've run afoul of the reef." He spat out. "So what's your plan?" Maria asked. "I row over, serach the ship until I find your bloody key." He said. "And if there are crewman?" She asked again. "I cut down anyone in my path." Will said. He left towards the long boat wating.

"I like it. Simple, easy to remember." I said. We watched him ship off. "Douse the lamps." I ordered. Gibbs and Maria ran off to do so. After waiting what seemed like a second the REAL Flying Dutchamn surfaced. We stayed quiet not wanting to attract attention to ourselves. When the rain stopped I took me spyglass and looked over. Suddenly Jones' face stared straight at me. I pulled it away from me eye and he stood in front of me.

A crew that looked as if they lived on the sea grabbed the men. I saw Maria being held with a knife to her throat. "Oh" I said. "You have a debt to pay. You've been captain of the Black Pear for thirteen years. That was our agreement." He said. "Technically I was only Captain for two years, then viciously mutinied upon." I said. "Then you were a poor captain, but a captain nontheless! Have you not introduced yourself all these years as Captain Jack Sparrow?" Jones mocked. "You have my payment. One soul to serve your ship is already over there." I said. "One soul is not equal to another." He said. "Aha! So we've established my propsal is sound in principle, now we're just haggling over price." I said. "Just how many souls do you think my soul is worth?" I asked.

"One hundred souls, three days." He said. "Your a diamond mate. Send me back the boy, I'll get started right away." I turned to leave but was stopped by some bloody shark looking thing.

Maria's POV:

I saw the hole Jack began to dig. He tried to haggle Will back aboard the ship, but it was no use. They shook hands which was unpleasant for Sparrow. Finally they all disappeared. The creature behind me let go. I walked over to Jack who looked about to faint. "Oh Mr.Gibbs.." He said. "Uh, I feel sullied and unusual." He said. "And how do you intend to harvest these ninety-nine souls in three days?" I asked. "Fortunately he was mum as the condition in which these souls need be." He said. "Ah Tortuga" Gibbs said. Jack wiped his hand on Gibbs shirt. "Tortuga" He said.