Ch.3

What. The. Actual. Fuck.

I fell into the seat that was conveniently behind me.

How is this possible? How didn't I notice?

"You got lucky, bringing him in when you did. His cancer is spreading pretty rapidly. But it is only stage 2 right now but we do need to get him on chemotherapy right away." He said neutrally.

"Anything you have to do to make him healthy again. Do it." I said choking back a sob.

"I must warn you though the affects of chemotherapy can be drastic. Hair loss, fatigue, vomiting. And etc." He said sternly.

"Will it possibly make him healthy again?" I asked

"If we treat him right away there's a good chance. But the chemo is the hardest thing. It kills the cancer cells. But it also can harm and kill perfectly healthy cells which is why you often get sick during chemo." The doctor said flipping through a clipboard.

"I'll take the risk." I took out my phone to call the manager. I want to see what he's going to do about this publicly.

I put the phone up to my ear. It rang but the manager didn't answer. Ugh. He knew we were going to the hospital why wouldn't he answer.

I sat there dialing his number when I heard Tyler shuffle in the bed.

"Josh?" He mumbled half-way asleep.

I sighed and walked over to him. "Hey ty." I said sadly.

"You know don't you?" He asked a little nervous.

"Yea I know." I said laying in the bed with him.

He played his head on my chest in peaceful silence. Until I heard Tyler sniffle. "What are we gonna do." He asked his voice cracking.

"We are going to get through this." I said grabbing his face and planting a small kiss on his chapped lips.

He pulled away. "I don't want you to see me during chemo." He said looking away from me. While I sat there in shock.

"I don't want to hurt you in case it doesn't work. I love you too much."

"Tyler don't give me that shit." I stood up and walked to the door, I closed it."I will be here every step of the way. You're only stage 2. Its going to work ok. You can't give up. You haven't even began the process. Just know I'll be here no matter what."

"You should go Josh. I need sleep." Tyler said wrapping the covers around himself.

"I'll be back in the morning. I'll call you later."

My little joshler heart is breaking. I'm just gonna go over here and cry in a corner. Goal:1 vote, 1 comment.