Rocky road of love - Chapter 5

As we reach the shore, I feel the tears prick at my eyes, there on the beach lies the Kraken. Dead. I turn my head away and accept Jack's hand as he helps me out of the boat.

"Criminey" Pintel says while running to it.

"Odsbodkins. Careful, careful!" Ragetti says while running to stand on one of its tentacles.

"You stupid fish!" Pintel says while poking it with a stick. I turn and burry my face in

"Still thinking of running, Jack? Think you can outrun the world? You know the problem with being the last of anything and by and by there'd be none left at all" Barbossa says while moving to stand next to Jack.

"Sometimes things come back mate. We're living proof you and me" Jack says with a small smile.

"Aye, but that's a gamble of long odds, ain't it? There's never a guarantee of coming back, but passing on, that's dead certain. Then who would look after the little one. You have a lot of enemies Jack, who wouldn't want to take the lil on' of Sparrow" Barbossa says with a meaningful glance at me.

"I would never let that happen to my child, I'll never abandon it" I tell him with a harsh stare. How dare he say such a thing after leaving my mother and me?

"Summoning the Brethren Court then is it?" Jack says rhetorically.

"It's our only hope, lad" Barbossa states while moving to stand near me.

"That's a sad commentary even of itself."

"The world used to be a bigger place" I state. I remember reading about all the marvellous places that we could visit; now they all seem so unimportant.

"The world's still the same, there's just less in it love" Jack says and grabs my hand as we start to walk through the forest. Once we reach a spring I gasp and hold back a scream as I realise there is a dead body floating in it. I watch as Barbossa tastes the water and then spits it out.

"Poisoned. Fouled by the body" He states and stands. Pintel turns the body over and almost automatically, I recognise the face.

"I know him, he was in Singapore" I tell the group with a saddened sigh.

"Captain!" Marty shouts from further away, I turn and see Ragetti shouting from the boats and pointing to the Pearl.

"Great looks like we have company" Jack mutters and we begin walking back to the boats. Once we climb back aboard the ship guns are pointed at us, I am pulled away from the group and placed next to Elizabeth who is being held by some slimy looking Pirates.

"Sao Feng. You showing up here, 'tis truly a remarkable coincidence" Barbossa states while looking at the men holding me warily. I give him a small nod to let him know that I am ok.

"Jack Sparrow" Sao Feng begins, ignoring Barbossa. I watch as Jack comes out from hiding behind Barbossa.

 "You paid me great insult once" he continues.

"That doesn't sound like me." Jack says and then staggers back as Sao Feng punches him in the face.

"Shall we just call it square then?"

"Release them, they are not part of the bargain" Will shouts while pushing through a group of Sao Feng's pirates.

"What bargain Will?" I ask, not that I am not happy he has considered me in his betrayal but it still hurt to know that he betrayed us.

"You heard Captain Turner. Release the women!" Sao Feng chuckles, but no one goes through with his order.

"Captain Turner?" Jack asks and his eyebrows move exceptionally high.