Zero: Beginning

A very young girl sat in her bed reading a book at night, just having to cough up a small bucket of blood, sighing as she felt another thick metallic sensation from her throat she put the book down and leaned over the bucket and began puking up some blood and she felt tears brim her eyes.

Her father walked in seeing this and she held herself close and trying not to cry. Her father let out a small sigh leaning down patting her back; she looked up at him with saddened eyes.

“When can I stop this sickness, daddy…?” She cried quietly. “I hate being sick, I just wanna feel better…”

“I know sweetie, but right now we’ll just focus on getting you better for right now, I promise everything will be fine.”

“I sure hope so…”

Her father smiled taking the bucket and went to the bathroom to drain it and brought it back to the room and put it next to her bed as she leaned against her pillow with tears falling down her face. Her father once more, sighed quietly and walked out shutting the door quietly making sure it didn’t bother her as she trailed off in her thoughts.

Wondering if she’ll ever get better…

~ ღ ~

The young girl sat outside enjoying the breeze and the birds singing, her short hair flowed against the breeze gently. She smiled as the sun beat down against her skin as she swung her legs back and forth pushing her two toned hair behind her ear. She grabbed a strand of hair and looked at curiously; she always wondered how she got this color anyways.

“Lii, come on lunch is done.” Her father said behind her, she looked back with a smile on her face and nodded.

“Okay, daddy!” Lily smiled and got up and followed him into the dining room and sat beside her older twin.

She ignored the conversation and began eating her miso soup with a smile on her face. She loved her father’s cooking and her brother’s cooking. When she opened her eyes, she let out a small yawn and finished her soup, getting up she grabbed her bowl and headed towards the kitchen

When she was done, she walked to her and Yoshimori’s room and opened the door seeing him sleeping, the young girl walked towards him and crawled into bed and nudged him gently and fell asleep herself.

~ ღ ~

“Lily, wake up honey.” A voice said shaking her. Lily opened her brown orbs seeing her father there, rubbing her brown hues she looked at him.

“What’s up, daddy?”

“The Yukimura’s called me and they need you for something.” Her father informed her. Nodding, Lily got up and they both walked to the Yukimura’s place and the grandmother opened the door seeing them there and she told her;

“Come in, I have some questions to ask you.”

“O-Okay…” Lily nodded and followed her in quietly without a word.

~ ღ ~

“I need you to heal my granddaughters wound for me.”

“What? I can’t do that I don’t have that type of-”

“Don’t question my judgment girl, just do it.”

Lily nodded and put her hand on her wound as a subconscious voice told her too, and closing her eyes and relaxing. She felt power surge through her veins in a strange wave, and the next thing she saw was her hands glowing a pale blue color and taking out the poison in her body.

Lily’s eyes widen and backed off and Grandma Yukimura stared at her with an all-knowing look and smiled lightly.

“Thank you for your services, my granddaughter should be fine now, you may leave.”

Lily quickly nodded and ran out of the room and outside, opening the outside door, she saw her father there, and he stared at her with a curious look as if asking what happened…

“Daddy…am I…different like Yoshi…?”

“Why do you ask, sweetie?”

“Because, I just noticed something different about me, I always wondered why I didn’t have Kekkai like Yoshi and Grandpa…it’s because- I’m different than them… I have some sort of healing power…”

Her father smiled and touched her head telling her; “No matter how different you are, Lily. We’re all going to love you the very same.” Looking at him with tears brimming her eyes and nodded his way, “Now come on, your brother needs you right now.”

“Okay, daddy, I will always be there for him, he knows that, right?”

“Of course, sweetie.” Her father said grabbing her hand as they both walked back to the house.

From then on, her healing powers progressed to get stronger every day, and no matter how beat up Yoshimori got, Lily would always heal him.