Chapter 2

********8 yrs later- 16 years old********

  It's strange. Memories, they float past you in a suspending mist. You can never really grasp them but there they are, haunting you. My eyes blink, breaking free from the sleep that pressed me into that nightmare. I always wake up, always at that spot, before I escape and leave the prince to die. In my dream, I always run...a coward. My body shivers and the hot damp air clings to my skin as I awaken completely. It is then that I realize another reason why I woke up, the ship I'm on is under attack. Long ago, after fleeing from the castle,  I escaped to the only place I could find, an abandoned ship....little did I know that it wasn't truly abandoned, it was a pirate ship...for the same pirates that were raiding the castle for "me". The though was terrifying and I tried to flee again, only to see the pirates heading towards the ship, leaving me with no escape. I spotted a knife lying on the deck and swiftly cut off my hair before slicing a cut down my cheek to obscure my face. When the pirates walked onto the deck of the ship and spotted me I made up a lie: I was a poor fishing girl named Annette who had been trampled when people had tried to escape the pirates, I had run to the closest place...could I work on their beautiful ship? Ever since I have traveled with these pirates, on the ship Corinthian, across the sea in search for Princess Kristen and hidden treasures. We are often attacked by soldiers and other pirates, this is one of those attacks. I jump up and swiftly avoid a cannon that plows into the ship, and as I glance over at the other ship I see that it is indeed a Royal Ship. "Annette!" Captain Ronder shouts at me as a soldier swings onto the ship sword poised to decapitate me. I bring my pistol out of my overcoat and shoot him, not stopping to see him fall into the water below. "Annette!" , this time the captain just wants my attention, "Take care of the prisoner, he's in the cells below deck!" I run, duck, and roll to avoid danger as I go below deck. I walk slowly, preparing myself for any sort of prisoner, as I come upon the cells. No matter how much I prepare myself though, I could never be prepared for the man I see shaking the door, trying to break out if the cell: the prince I abandoned 8 years ago.