Chapter 5 - The Fall

"What prophecy you are talking about?" I asked.

Syrene looks at Cara and held her hands. "You are the one who can stop him. That's the prophecy. And..." Cara continued what Syrene is saying.

"The one who can make everyone be at peace," said Cara as she looks at me. "Queen Lila was the goddess and protector of the Aegean Sea through West Mountain."

"My mom was?" I said, shocked. "How..." So, is she like them?

"We should not waste any time, Princess. They're waiting for you." Said Syrene.

"You said you know everything, right?" I asked Syrene. "It means you knew a lot about my mom."

"Yes, but I'm afraid we do not have any time for this." she said.

"She's right," said the huntsman. "Since he got the throne he's doing everything to destroy everyone. Our kind is in dangerous situation."

I don't really understand him but I know we're wasting time. If only I know everything...

"Cara, Margot and I will come with you, Princess." Syrene said.

"No, you can't do that." Margot opposed the decision of Syrene.

"This is my fate, Margot. I know the risks and the consequences of being a protector but I pledge to Queen Lila that I will help her no matter what it takes."

"Cara, say something." Margot plead. "She can't do this."

"I'm afraid I can't do that. If it's her fate I can't do anything about this."

Margot walked away and Syrene follow her. Cara smiled at me told me to get ready. The huntsman and I are only left alone.

"You're not going to explain everything to me, right?"

"Do I have to?"

"Are you... like them too?"

"Do I look like them?"

"I don't know. I'm not sure. I'm just..."

"I'm a huntsman." he said, reassuring me. "And you're a crying princess."

"What?"

"I know this is sound ridiculous," he said scratching his nape. "You can trust me."

"Huh?"

"You're having a hard time and there's too much to take in and you're having a mental breakdown right now so I wanted to you know."

"Sounds very reliable, thank you." I said. "It's the right words I want to hear." I sincerely thank him.

"You're a tough princess, old man believes in you." He said avoiding eyes on me.

I have a feeling that he and my father have a great relationship that they can trust each other. Can I do the same? Can I trust him like my father does?

He fixed his things and look at me. I don't have anything to bring so I don't have a bag like him. "We're taking a long route it will take at least three nights."

"It's okay with me. I can handle long walking." I said not feeling confident by my words.

He chuckled and he gave me a bag. When I took it and take a look what inside of the bag it's full of foods and a dress for me. "What's with the dress?" Forcing myself not to laugh because I never thought that he will take care of me in this situation.

"I thought maybe you're uncomfortable with your clothes so I borrow it from Cara."

He is very thoughtful despite of being a huntsman. I slowly getting know him little by little. He's soft inside but strong outside. He's no ordinary man.