Chapter 12 - The Fall

"How long do they need to be in water?" Margot asks worriedly. "Princess Eadlyn is not like us. She can't stay in the water for too long." She said pacing back and forth. Worried and concerned are evident in her face.

"We can't stop it," Said Cara.

"She will die if she stays longer," Said Wensly. "We have to do something." He said but everyone remains silent. In this situation, they do not have the ability to stop Syrene.

Wensly decided to pull Eadlyn out of water when Snow stops him. He looked at him frustrated. "What?"

"You can't," Snow firmly said.

"She will die at this rate! She's been in the cold water for four hours!" Wensly yelled at Snow. He is worried for Eadlyn. She's not like a mermaid who can stay longer underwater. He wants to do something for her but everyone said he can't.

"Patience huntsman, you need patience." Snow calmly said, even though he wants to help her but its Syrene's choice.

Wensly can't do anything but wait, he sits on the ground and watch them frustrated. He is ready to jump in the water any minute but he knows that he can't.

"A little bit more," Said Cara. "Hang in there, Princess."

They all wait patiently and for an hour Syrene's glowing hair started to fade and Eadlyn's body is as cold as ice.

"Take her out! Faster!" Syrene exclaimed as she holds Eadlyn's cold body.

Wensly immediately took off his clothes and jumps in the water and held Eadlyn's body. He felt the chills when he touches her body. He laid her down on the ground and he covers her body with his dry clothes.

"I'll build the fire," Snow said and Cara helps him.

They all helped her to keep her warm. They hope that her temperature goes back in normal but staying in the cold water for hours is impossible. No one talk, they busied themselves to keep them from worrying for Eadlyn.

Wensly can't take his eyes off of Eadlyn. He does his best to keep her warm, he doesn't say anything and he held her cold hands and stays by her side all night.

And when morning comes her temperature slowly goes back to normal. The sun and the fire has a great effect in her and Wensly's warm body helps a lot.

He woke up and checks Princess Eadlyn temperature. He then feel reassured that she's going to be fine.

"It's been two days, I hope she wakes up." Said Margot.

Everyone felt the same. Two days became longer for them as they keep hoping Princess Eadlyn will wake up.

"I'll get more woods," Said Snow.

When Snow picking up woods he saw Syrene not far from him, she deeply staring at her reflection in the water. Snow comes at her.

"It's good that I can see the past," she said. "Whenever I feel lonely, when I miss someone I used my ability. It's the only chance that I could see them."

Snow intently looks at Syrene. She looks sad and Snow understand her.

"But do you know the disadvantage of having this ability?" She suddenly asks. A tear fell from her eyes. "When I saw something unfortunate, it's when I saw how she dies. It keeps playing in my mind and it hurts. I saw how she dies, how she smiles in her last breath." She can't help but cry out the pain she's been feeling.

Snow silently comforted her. He understood Syrene's situation. Having that kind of ability is not easy for everyone. She endured the pain for years, she endured everything and became strong.