Chapter 9 - The Fall

"It's all dead." I said looking at all the flowers that turned brown. "What happened in here?"

Everything in our surrounding is all dead from dead plants to flowers. I even see a skeletal of animals.

"A very sad and painful story, Princess Eadlyn." Syrene said in a low tone. "We're near the Witch's Hut."

We travelled for one week to find a Witch's Hut. Cara said that a Baskler is one of the most powerful creatures living in the West Mountain. But a Baskler with a Witch's blood is the most powerful of all creatures.

And the place that we are looking for is called Baskler, literally because most of Baskler lived there and the Witch's hut is located there.

I know now how dangerous will it be for us. The giants are right. We are risking are own lives.

"You shouldn't have come with us," I heard Margot said it to Wensley.

"I had to keep the King's order," Wensley said.

I was about to cut in their conversation when something fast passed by me. I stop walking and look at the surroundings.

I can't see anyone. Who was it?

"Eadlyn!" I heard Wensley screamed and running fast and come to me. A second bow nearly hit us.

"What was that?" I ask.

"Run!" Margot scream. Then we all run for our lives.

"Elves!" Cara said. "They're five of them!"

An elf is trying to kill us now? I tried to look back but everything came fast. When I open my eyes I already in a horse with an elf hunting us.

"Eadlyn! Eadlyn!" Wensley screamed at the top of his lungs.

I tried to fight him but I can't even move. He's too strong for a weak girl like me. I look back and they are already gone.

"Let me go!" I said. "What do you want?" I bravely ask.

He didn't answer. He looks straight ahead and completely ignored me.

Urgh. Why everyone does ignore me?

Instead of tiring myself out I remain calm and stay silent. I need to think of a way on how to get out of his grip.

"Who are you?" He asked.

Ignore him, Eadlyn.

"I ask you who you are," His deep voice scares me.

"And what do you want?" I ask instead of answering his question.

"Your name," He said.

I sighed and said, "Eadlyn."

"A Ravenwood?"

I look at him and he look at me too. "How did you know?"

"I know everything," He said looking serious.

He looks like Syrene, they know everything.

"Then you already know that I'm looking for Witch's Hut. I need to go to the Baskler."

"Meeting him will make everything worse. It's better to-"

"Go back to the city? I thought you already know everything. Ravenwood City is in chaos. The City is in a war. How can I go back when I came this far?" I said reasoning out. "I need to find the Witch's Hut."

I feel determined and I have to be strong willed for the sake of Ravenwood City. I felt chills when we enter a foggy part of a forest.

I gulp out of fear. What was he thinking? Is he going to kill me here? We stop suddenly.