Chapter 8 - The Fall

I never thought that my mother was famous to the creatures.

First, she was the protector of Aegean Sea that's why mermaids knew her. Second, these giants. She was also the protector of West Mountain.

Just... how many does she need to protect? How many creatures serve her?

I am loss of words. They said West Mountain is a deadly mountain. These nine giants in front of me isn't deadly at all.

Well, truthfully, they didn't eat human.

"Human is not a food." said Jack, the leader of nine giants.

I learned that they only tied us is because they are suspicious about us... or me.

No ordinary human can see giants. Mermaids do not see giants. They said someone like Queen Lila, my mother, can only see them.

"What are you doing in this dangerous forest, Princess?" Asked Elm, the second biggest giant.

I don't know what to say to him. Because I don't even know the reason why we're here.

Instead I look at my friends and said, "They know why we came here." And I look at Jack and said, "You should ask them instead of me."

The giants all look at Jack. Waiting for his decisions.

"Untie them," Jack said.

"But they can't see us!" Said Tick, the skinny giant.

"Atleast they can hear us, idiot!" Said Aye, the eye patch giant.

The fat giant, Hugh, suddenly stands up and went to the trees where the others tied up.

"Jack said untie them." Said Hugh.

Brew, the one eyebrow giant, and small giant, Mak stands up to untie the others.

I feel relieved that they are all safe. That we are safe in the hands of the giants.

"Tell us why you came here." Don ask impatiently, giant with an axe.

I look at Syrene but I think she didn't know the reason or maybe she don't want to talk. Then I look at Cara, we met eyes. It's like she doesn't want to tell it unless I'm not here.
My instinct tells me they're hiding something from me.

"We need to go to Baskler." Said Cara after the long silence.

Baskler? What is it?

The giants stops and looks bewildered.

"We need to find the Witch's Hut house. We need him." Said Margot.

This time a Witch. How many creatures are there?

Tick unconsiously paced back and forth, Jin stops cooking and stares blankly. Mak and Aye trying to calm down Elm and Brew. Hugh, Don, and Jack stays calm and unsure of what to do.

"What's happening?" I asked and no one answered.

Wensley came to me and whispered something. "They are cursed by Basklers."

Cursed? "But why?" I ask.

Don speaks for all of them, "Basklers are too dangerous for you, Princess. You should not risk seeking for his help."

"I'm afraid we can't help you, Princess." Said Jack.

"Jack," Said Tick. "But she is Queen Lila's daughter. We can't turn our backs at her."

"I'm scared, I'm scared," Said Brew repeatedly. Aye trying him to calm down.

"But we can't help them either! It's the Witch's Hut!" Said Don standing up and ready to argue to Tick.