Chapter 11 - The Fall

Nothing comes easy for Lila and Xerxes. After they got married the other city started suffering from thirst and many of them died because of hunger.

King Xerxes manage to solve the problems they are facing and he managed to survive his city but not the one he loves.

He knows that his brother, Maguire, is obsessed in his wife and is blinded by power, and greed.

He decided to withdraw Maguire from his position as a commander in chief and departs him in countryside. Maguire hated his brother all his life. His brother has everything but not him. Everything he wants, everyone he likes Xerxes got it.

King Xerxes didn't know that when Maguire left from Ravenwood City he started to build his plan of revenge. He used the chance that the whole city is facing a problem and King Xerxes is fixated in fixing the problem. He puts a spy inside the castle to watch secretly what was happening in the castle.

"Your Highness," Dwayn curtsied to the King, the right hand of King Xerxes. "Queen Lila safely delivered her highness."

"It's a girl," King Xerxes hurriedly went to his wife's room. The excitement is clearly in his face.

"My wife," He said as soon as he enters the room. Queen Lila gave a faint smile to her king. He gently caresses his wife face and kisses her forehead.

"Your highness," The midwife carefully places the baby beside Queen Lila.

"She's beautiful," King Xerxes said. "Just like my Queen." He then looks at Queen Lila and smile at her.

"All I want for her is to be as strong as you are and to grow up with kindness in her heart." King Xerxes said holding her wife's hands.

She then smiles at him and said, "She will be kind and strong just like you wanted."

King Xerxes knew that Queen Lila is a daughter of a Baskler and a Witch. And he feels sorry that she had to leave her family. But Queen Lila didn't tell him everything. From the moment she gave birth to a three-blood child, their child's prophecy, and from the moment she will eventually die.

"We will call you Eadlyn Knox Ravenwood," King Xerxes said while embracing his child. "Princess Eadlyn."

One year has passed and the problems in the city became worst.

"You're Highness," Dwayn hurriedly curtsied to the king. "The citizens from the Fawcett Town are at the north east part of the barrier. They are demanding to enter the city."

King Xerxes massages his temple and lean on his chair. "How many of them are in the barrier?"

"A hundreds, your highness." Said Dwayn.

"Hundreds?" King Xerxes surprisingly looks at Dwayn.

"Yes, Your highness." Dwayn said. "Most of them are old man and woman and young children."

"It's gotten worse than we think. Give them food and water but don't let them in."

"But Your Highness, we do not have enough food and water for everyone."

"I know," He said. "But we can't let them die in hunger. They are my people, I can't let them suffer." King Xerxes said.

Dwayn respects the King so much that he pledges to himself that he will serve his only King.

The people from Fawcett town remain in the border for three days. They are eating enough food and the sick people got cured. They all thanked the King for the concerned he shown. But the suffering of his people has gotten worse and fast as he was expecting.