Chapter 8

I stared at Luke, unable to form a proper sentence. He had a look is sympathy on his face, and I could tell he didn't know what else to say. He raised his hand and I flinched, which caused him to hesitate before gently wiping away a tear that I didn't realize had fallen. "Jade.." he started, but didn't finish. I felt more and more tears slide down my cheeks as he pulled me to his chest, gently rubbing my back.
"Jade..I...I'm so sorry."

I cried into Luke's t shirt for what felt like years until it seemed I was all out of tears to cry. "I'm going to confront him," I whispered, my sorrow replaced with anger. "Are you sure that's a good idea right now?" Luke replied, his eyebrow raised slightly. "Absolutely."

I drove to Ashton's house, Luke in the passenger seat as thoughts of what to say flooded my head. Luke and I were both silent, him staring at his lap and me staring out of the windshield.

The car came to a stop as I pulled into the driveway, my whole body shaking from anger and nerves. I took a deep breath, looking over at Luke who nodded at me, before getting out and making my way to the door.

I knocked hesitantly, standing there for what felt like years before Calum answered the door. "Hey! Wait. You've been crying...what's wrong?" "Where's Ashton?" I didn't even bother answering his question. Calum gestured for me to come inside as Luke followed behind me.

There he was, sitting on the couch watching some show on the tv. "Jade! What's wrong?!" he jumped up, his eyes scanning my face. "Shut the hell up. You don't have to pretend anymore." He looked confused for a second, then looked over at Luke before realization hit his face. "Jade, I-" "No. I don't want to hear an explanation. I don't want a half ass apology. I sure as hell don't want to hear you say 'it's different now' or 'i changed my mind' because I don't give a shit. I thought you cared about me. I thought I could trust you. But I was wrong. You're just like everyone else." I turned from him, and before he could say anything, I was out the door.