Chapter 2

It had been a week since my encounter with Ashton Irwin. I still hadn't called him, seeing as he's literally perfect and I'm too nervous to even answer the door when the pizza guy comes. I sighed quietly, running my fingers through my hair before deciding I should probably go ahead and call him. I mean, it's not every day you run into Ashton Irwin and it's definitely not everyday he gives you his number and offers to make it up to you. I rose from my previous sitting position on my bed and made my way to my bathroom, staring at myself in the mirror. "Okay Jade, you can do this. You have to do this. Grab your phone and call the boy," I started my pep talk, "The worst he can do is say he's too busy to make it up to you, so just call him."
Leaving the bathroom, I pull my phone from my pocket and open my contacts, his name being the first one on the list. I took a deep breath before pressing the little phone icon beside his number and putting my phone to my ear. It rang a few times, and I was starting to think he wasn't going to answer, when suddenly I hear his thick accent ring through my ear.
"Hello?"
I facepalmed, freaking out slightly at the fact he actually answered the phone. "Hi, um, Ashton? This is Jade, the girl you ran into by the coffee shop?"
"Oh, yeah, hi! Listen, I really am sorry about knocking you down and stuff, I was late to the recording studio and..yeah..." he trailed off. I sat there silently, my nerves getting the better of me. I was startled by the sound of him clearing his throat.
"So anyway, about me making it up to you," oh no. Here it comes. He's going to say he can't. I should've known this was- "Text me your address? I'll pick you up at 7, and we can maybe go to dinner? Is that too cliché? We can do something else if-"
"Ashton, that sounds perfect," I cut off his rambling, giggling quietly at how ridiculous he was being. Who knew Ashton Irwin was a rambler?
"Okay, good. See you then!"
With that, we said our goodbyes. Dinner with THE Ashton Irwin? What the hell have I gotten myself into?