Football Practice

"Hut!"

Asher's call sounded about a second before he hurled the ball to me. I caught it with hardly any difficulty now. It took me all afternoon but I think I was finally starting to get it. Studying, on the other hand, was not so successful. I spent all morning trying to cram enough information into Asher's head to get through the first couple of days with little to no result.

But since I managed to gain his athletic ability once I realised how to use his body, I'm sure Asher will become a lot smarter once he learns how to use my brain. That, however, might mean that my current intelligence will start to fade. I really, really hoped that isn't the case.

I threw the football back at him and was once again amazed at how far it flew. I found it quite funny as no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't throw the ball half as far as I could. I guess he got the wrong end of the deal; he lost his strength and skill and failed to gain my brains. Although I wasn't sure how long that would last.

"Shit," he said, puffing. We had just run a lap of the field so he could show me what I needed to do to keep in shape. It was the first time in my life where I had actually enjoyed running. Asher, however, didn't look so thrilled.

"Why am I not smart but you got good at running and still smart?"

I laughed. "That sentence was so grammatically incorrect."

"Exactly!" He groaned. "It's not fair." He ran a hand through his hair which was now sticking to his forehead. "Oh, and don't say stuff like that while you're around my friends. I'm pretty dumb so they'll definitely know something's up. Actually, don't say stuff like that at all."

"Or they'll think that you actually give a damn about your education and started studying and be happy for you."

"Yeah, no. You don't know my friends."

"Fine. No smart talk. Got it," I said. Just as I was about to suggest another lap, I remembered something. "Oh, and um, how do you get rid of the . . . thing that happens in the morning?"

He stared at me, clearly unsure of what I was talking about.

I tried again. "You, know. The thing  down 'there'."

Understanding filled his expression. "Oh, that. Yeah, um, you'll have to uh . . ." He made a disgusting gesture with his hands.

"I am not touching your thing!"

He shrugged. "It's the only way."

I groaned and made a pouty face.

He laughed which quickly turned into a grimace. "Can we go back now? My tits hurt."