Who Are You?

"Haha, great prank, now be a good little girl and go back to whoever dared you to do this and tell them that it's not funny," said Ruby.

The girl was persistent though. " Here, look at my book," she said, shoving it into Ruby's hands. Ruby sighed. "Look, it's Sunday morning, shouldn't you be in bed?" "Just look at the book," said the girl, somewhat impatiently.

Ruby looked at the book. "Ruby... Bell? That's... That's me!" She looked suspiciously at the girl. Then she turned around the book and read the blurb. "Twenty year old Ruby Bell leads a happy, ordinary life, until she meets someone who will change it forever."
Ruby looked at the girl. "Uhh... Explain?"

"Ok, how do I put this? My name's Eva. In my dimension, you are a character from a book. Someone granted me the power to go to any story dimension. But I could only leave when the story was over. So you see how much I'm sacrificing to be here? My family, my friends, in my dimension, I've just disappeared. So I've come to help you. I know what's happened, I've memorised whole paragraphs. I've read it over and over again, I know the suffering you've gone through and I want to prevent it. Please, let me help you. I know I might end up changing the book forever, but won't it be for the better?"

Ruby thought for a while. She rubbed her eyes. Eva was starting to look impatient. "Do you believe me or not?!" She finally asked. Ruby stared at her.

"I need my breakfast. Everything makes much more sense after breakfast."