Chapter 9: Been Waiting For This

CHAPTER NINE

I wake up. Fix my bed. Take a bath. Eat breakfast. Brush my teeth. Say goodbye to Nana.

*SCHOOL*

I enter the school and meet Chloe in the entrance.

It's October now and it's been a month since the first day.

And it's also the time of the year where the Juniors (that's us) attend the annual Retreat of the students.

We went to the beach last year and it was the best experience ever.

Our activities before were Snorkeling, Scuba Diving, and Surfing. It was really fun. I just don't know what activity are we going to do this year.

"Are you excited for the Retreat?" Chloe asked.

"Like hell. I'm looking forward to it." I said.

"I wonder what activity are they choosing for us today. But I hope it's skiing in Alaska. That would be cool." Chloe said.

"Maybe. I want to try it too." I replied.

I stopped by my locker to get my books and then I see Dave in the corner. Good thing he's alone.

Phew.

I should tell him that I shouldnt have asked that.

Okay, Lucy. You can do this. You still have 5 minutes till first period.

I walked towards him and I hope this will come out good.

"Hey" i said.

"Oh, hello Lucy. Good morning." He said then he smiled.

"Um.. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked you that. I know it's a little bit personal. So... I really am sorry." I said. I hope he remembers that time.

"Um.. Sorry?" He said. "What are you talking about?"

He doesn't remember? That was just last Sunday.

"You know.. The day we.. chatted.. on Facebook." i said.

"Hmm. Oh.. Sorry. I've been thinking about many things lately. But whatever the issue is, it's okay." he said and he smiled again. He's so kind.

*KRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

"Oh it's time already. Catcha later Lucy." He said then he went to his classroom.

"Yeah, see you later." I said.

Well, I'm super relieved right now. I don't feel any embarrassment. Maybe he doesn't remember it because he chats with a lot of people. He's really an angel.

I walked towards the classroom.

We stand up and say, "Good morning Sir Richard."

"Good morning. Please take a seat." he said. "Please wait here. I forgot something in the faculty room."

When the teacher went out, noise fills the classroom quickly. They almost talk about the same topic.

This year's retreat.

It's really an event worth the wait.

"I wonder where we are going today?" A girl said.

"I hope we go to a cave adventure." Another girl said.

"I like to go ziplining and rock climbing." Another random classmate said.

Everyone is really looking forward to this year's Retreat.

Sir Richard came back with a paper in his hand.

"So. You all know that every year, our school holds an annual Retreat for students and teachers. And the venue, activity, and schedule of the Retreat is stated in this paper." He said and held the paper up.

"All of you, Juniors are going to attend. No exemptions."

Random voices filled the classroom.

"I hope it's a river cruise!"

"I'm so excited!"

"It should be something about sports"

"Oh cmon. I'd rather go to sleep."

"Yes! I wonder what it is."

Sir Richard banged the table for us to settle down.

"Silence everyone." He said. And the classroom suddenly went quiet.

"Okay. I'm going to state the activity first. Then the venue and lastly the schedule." He picked the paper and read...

I'm so excited.

Is it a cave expedition?

Tree planting?

Marine?

Skiing?

Oh my gosh! My hands are so cold. "I hope it's interesting like last year." I said in my mind.

I glanced to Chloe and she gave me two thumbs up. And a gesture saying she's tensed. I gave her a quick smile and turned to Sir Richards while he's saying...

"And this year's activity for the Juniors is...... "