Chapter 10: Unexpected

CHAPTER TEN

This is it.

“And this year’s activity for the Juniors is….”

“Camping” he said.

Wild noises start to fill up the room.

I hear joy, excitement, howls and screams. I didn’t thought it was Camping. But I’m sure it will be fun ‘coz it’s my first time and I’m quite excited.

I turn to see Chloe and I’m delighted to see that she’s excited too. She screamed “Oh yeah!” and I laugh.

“Now, now students. Settle down, settle down.” Sir Richard said.

“The venue of the said activity will be held at the Nashville Forest and Ecological Park.” He said. “It is a wide landscape so you have to stick together with your designated group--”

“Sir Richards?” one of my classmates named Freddie interrupted while raising his hands.

“Yes Freddie?”

“When do we get to form our groups?” Freddie asked.

“You will be grouped on the afternoon before the day of your Retreat to avoid difficulties in time management. And no student shall separate from their groups. Is that clear Freddie?” Sir Richards said.

“Yes sir.” He answered.

“The Retreat will be 1 week from now so you have ample of time to buy or prepare your things.” He said.

“And oh, I almost forgot. Your activity will be 4 days and 3 nights.” He said.

That’s pretty long. But I’m sure it’ll be exciting.

“So you have to bring the right amount of your things. But it’s always better to bring extras.” He said.

“Further information will be disseminated to you the day before your Retreat. And your final briefing together with the other Juniors will also be scheduled on that day.”

“Before I leave, I’ll distribute the Parental Consent to each and every one of you.”

Sir Richards roamed around the classroom to distribute the forms.

I have many things in my mind right now. I’m thinking of making a checklist of all the things I need for the Camping.

Sir Richards hands me out the Parental Consent and I take it.

After distributing it to everyone, Sir Richards said, “That would be all. Thank you.” And he left.

*   *     *

When the first session is over, Chloe and I, go and check out the bulletin board to know the activities of the different school years.

DANVILLE ACADEMY

ANNUAL RETREAT S.Y. 2013-2014

List of Activities

JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL

Freshmen (Grade 7)                                                                       Marine Exploration (4 days and 3 nights)

                                                                                                                Venue:  Danville Marine Preservation Site