Chapter 3: Unintentional

CHAPTER THREE

After class, I hurried to the library to borrow some of the Chemistry books I need to answer my homework. First day of school was somehow satisfying unlike last year when I tripped over the corridors and everybody laughed at me. It was one of the memories I like to dismantle and forget.

As usual, I haven't got any friends. Except for Chloe who was with the same class with me.

"Hey Lucy! I didn't know we are in the same class." She blurted. "The seat next to mine isn't taken. You can have it." She said as her smile widened. "Thanks a lot" I said.

"By the way, I'm Chloe. And you? What's your name?" She asked.

"Lucy. My pleasure." I feel like it's been a long time since I introduced my self to another person.

I felt exhausted as I came out of the library. My bagpack is heavy and I was carrying two stacks of hardbound Chemistry books. My knees were trembling and I felt like my legs are gonna break.

Suddenly...

The guy who bumped me a while ago appeared.

"Hey there. Let me help you." He said.

He grabbed the books and marched towards the exit.

Jolted I was. I didn't know what to do. I didn't know what to say.

"Um.." i said.

"By the way, I'm Dave." My heart raced when he showed his sweet smile. "And you're?" He continued.

"Lucy."

"About what happened a while ago, I'm sorry." He spilled. "I kinda was in a hurry."

"Oh.. Well that's--" he cut me out. As we walk towards his black Vios.

"Why don't we stop over the new bar?" He said.

This is the first time someone invited me to hang out.

"Well I--" he cut me out again.

"C'mon let's go" he grabbed my hand and led me inside his car. "You can think of it as an apology treat."

And we blasted off.