Chapter 13: The Day Before The Big Day

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

KRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wake up with the ear-popping sound of my alarm clock. I smash the button fiercely. Man, I hate it. I read the clock and it says, 7:30am. Oh well, it's just seven--

HOLY MOTHER OF -----?!!??!!?!?!

Shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot. I'm definitely late. I remember thinking deeply about what Dave said to me yesterday. This is definitely his fault.

No no no. I say as I shake my head. I quickly jump out of my bed. My blanket and pillow scattered on the floor and I don't care. I grab my towel and strip. 10 minutes later, I got out of the bathroom and quickly changed into my simple outfit since I don't have time to choose already, I pick up the ones on the top. I look at my clock and it's 7:50 already. Dammit.

I quickly ran into the kitchen and grab a piece of waffle and put it in my mouth.

"Aren't you gonna--" I cut Nana off and say,

"I'm shorry Nana buth I haff thhu go." I say as I wave her goodbye.

There's 10 minutes left 'till first period. Since the school bus has already pass through our house. There's no choice but to run.

I ran and ran and ran and ran and ran and ran. I look at my watch and I'm late for like 3 minutes. I catch my breath so hard. And I sweat. But not that much.

And yes finally, I reach my school. I run through the hallways. I'm already 1 room towards my classroom and slowly I walk and fix myself.

As I enter the classroom, I slowly walk at the back entrance so that they won't notice me. Luckily Mr. Richards is writing on the board and as I step one foot inside the classroom...

"Good morning Ms. Evans. Meet me after recess at my office later together with the others. Understood?" I startle a bit as Mr. Richards said that.

All my classmates turned their heads towards me like I'm some kinda girl who wears a dress in a slumber party. Seriously? How did he even knew that I just entered the classroom? This is one hell of a teacher. As he said that he will meet me after recess, I already knew the meaning. 9letters and it starts with a D and ends with an N... Oh c'mon you don't even need to think about it.

DETENTION

"Yes Mr. Richards." I say and head to my chair.

Illiad is a blablablablah with a blahblahblah about blablablabla and this stuff and that stuff that has blablablabla written by blablahbla. Asdfghjkl. (That's how the lesson go. I'm sorry I got lazy. :p)

After the discussion, Mr. Richards gave us an announcement about the Retreat.

"Tomorrow will be the Retreat so all of the Juniors will have a meeting and it is also the time where you will be grouped into 5 teams. Please proceed to the school theater at 3:00pm. Thank you and goodbye."

Oh ye. I almost forgot about it. I'm so damn excited and I wish I'll be group mates with Dave. I want to be group mates with him 'cause he's a gentleman and I feel safe around him.

*****

We finished 2 subjects already and it's time for our recess. Chloe and I head to the cafeteria to get our food. We sit on our usual table together. I spot Dave on the middle table with his friends. The middle tables is where the popular kids sit. Anthone is also there with his gang.

"So are you excited for tomorrow?" Chloe asked while munching her food.

"Yeah. I hope I have friendly group mates." I say.