✖ Chapter 1 ✖

I am a fire

You're gasoline

Come pour yourself all over me

We'll let the place go down in flames only one more time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Alex do you have the notes from  Mr.Saltzman's class?", I walked over to my best friend Alex Summers, who was sitting at one of the outdoor tables, reading a book.

The small pretty brunette looked up from her book and gave me a smile. "Yes I do and no I'm not giving it to you", she said raising an eyebrow before laughing at me. "Please", I frowned at her, giving her my irresistible puppy eyes. "Pwease", I whispered moving closer to her. "Please?", whimpering I rested my head her shoulder and looked up at her with the puppy eyes."Ugh fine but this is the last time Haynes", she said reaching into her back pack and handing me a folder. "Yeah that's what you always say",I reached for the purple folder but she pulled it away from my reach.

"Hmm I changed my mind I don't want to give you the notes anymore", she said beginning to put the folder back into her back pack. "No please I'm sorry", I begged, giving her the puppy eyes again."Say Alex is the best in the world" she said pulling the folder further away from me. I sighed, "Alex is the best in the world", trying to reach for the folder which she had behind her head.

I could've easily just grabbed the folder from her but whatever this is what friends do. We joke around.

"Alex is the bestest friend in the world and I would die without her", she said smiling at me and looking at me with her golden brown eyes. "Alex is the bestest friend in the world and I would die without her", I said before tickling her in the stomach and swiftly grabbing the folder that she held behind her head. "I don't think  bestest is a word Alex", I looked at the laughing brunette in front of me."Oh well it's a word in my vocabulary, don't judge me Haynes", she said, punching me gently on the arm. "Fantastic", I sarcastically remarked before turning my head and looking around the court.

"Oh my god",I sighed as I noticed a familiar brunette on the other side of the court. The tall brunette was twirling her hair on her index finger and giggling like a school girl at whatever the person in front of her was saying. She moved slightly to the left and leaned against the wall, giving  a better view of who she was talking to. It was the exchange student that came from Spain 4 weeks ago. Carlos I think was his name, or Diego, something like that.

"Wait wasn't she going out with the captain of the football team?", Alex asked me, wide eyed still looking at our friend flirting with the foreign student. "Well that's obviously over", I gestured to Rose leaning against the wall, still twirling her hair and laughing at what Carlos/Diego was saying. "Oh well whatever, let her do her thing", Alex said before laughing. "Yeah", I chuckled and grabbed my back pack and put in on.

It was heavy but hey it's fucking high school.

As Alex grabbed her things and stood up from her seat, Rose began walking towards us and halfway to us, she spun around on her toes and waved a goodbye to the Spanish dude. Alex and I stood there staring at her. She approached us and gave each of us a big hug before saying hello. "Someone's in a good mood", Alex said smiling at Rose who looked a bit overwhelmed to be honest.

She smiled and blushed? Woah Rose Holder blushing? What did this Spaniard do to Rose? Damn.

I chuckled and looked at the blushing brunette in front of me."So what's going on with Spain?", Alex asked raising an eyebrow. "First of all his name's Diego thank you very much and second of all nothing", she paused for a second before speaking again, "Not yet anyways", she smiled for like the tenth time then bit her lip.

"Woah Rose calm down, a little more and you'll look like a  tomato .Rose's eyes, widened and she quickly put her hands on both her cheeks.. "Shawn!", Rose squealed, covering her face with her hands and putting her head down. "It's okay Rose", I said putting my arm around the tomato next to me, "Everyone gets a little crush".