✖ Chapter 7 ✖

After dropping Chris home, I walked the two blocks to my house. I am so freaking tired. When I got home, all the lights were turned off. My mom's probably asleep. And just as I guessed, my mom was asleep in her room. So I decided to do the same. I walked into my room and threw myself on my bed and went to sleep. I missed you bed.

· · · · · · ·

I groaned as the bright sunlight hit my face. Thanks a lot sun. I threw my pillow over my head and raised a middle finger to the sun. Fuck you sun. I closed my eyes to try to go back to sleep but obviously that wasn't going to happen. I took the pillow off my face and got out of bed. I quickly turned around when a heard something fall. I checked my phone, it was 11:05. My mom always leaves at this time to have coffee with her friends, always.

Someone broke into my house. Great.

I grabbed the baseball bat that I had in my closet and went outside. I heard someone shuffling around and I gripped the bat with both hands and held it high.

What if the person has a gun or a knife? All I have is a bat, yep I'm gonna die.

As I slowly turned the corner to enter the kitchen, I took a deep breath and sighed. I leaned against the wall and saw the person sitting on the kitchen table counter with her back to me. 

It was a girl. What the hell?

I walked towards the person and she must have heard me and turned around and jumped. It was Alex. "Umm Shawn", she looked at me liked I had gone insane and pointed at the bat I had in my hands.

I look like a fucking psycho.

"Crazy you scared me I thought someone broke in", I put the bat on the table and leaned against it. "And you were going to defend yourself with a bat?", she gave me a look of confusion, "Why do you have a bat? You don't even play", she laughed and I looked down at the bat.

Why did I have a bat? I chuckled and then I remembered why I had it. "My dad gave it to me", I looked at Alex and she glanced down at the floor.

"Yeah.... sooo um what the hell are you doing here and how did you get in?".

"Oh yeah your mom let me in 10 minutes ago", she glanced at her phone then looked back at me. "And you couldn't wake me up like a normal person instead of scaring the crap out of me?", I laughed and Alex gave me and 'I don't know' look. I made my way to fridge and took out a piece of cake I had saved, grabbed a spoon and began eating. "Hey I want some!", Alex cried grabbing a spoon and reaching for my plate. I quickly pulled the plate from her reach. I stuck my tongue out at her and laughed.

"You're mean", Alex gave me the finger and I laughed. I ate a spoonful of cake before pushing the plate towards Alex. "I'm not mean", I dropped the spoon into the sink. "Well you are when you wanna be", Alex smiled and took a bite of the chocolate cake. "Yeah, yeah, yeah", I left the kitchen and went to my room to change.

After I changed, Alex and I went out to grab something to eat because I was starving and that chocolate cake just wasn't enough. We ended up going to Taco Bell since it was closest to my house. While we were eating, I felt my phone vibrating. I took it out and looked at the caller ID.

It was Chris.

"Yo Chris man what's up?", I spoke into the speaker. There was shuffling and groans from the other side of the line before he spoke. "Why are you screaming?", Chris whimpered. I raised an eyebrow in confusion, Alex looked at me and pointed to my phone while mouthing 'Who is it?' "It's Chris", I whispered covering the speaker. She moved closer to me and put her ear against my phone. "Hello Shawn? You there?", Chris asked and before I could open my mouth to answer there was a really, really loud "Hey Chris!" from the psycho next to me. Chris whimpered and Alex was laughing her ass off. I chuckled at Alex' idiocy and Chris' whining. "Alex you bitch", Chris groaned and Alex smiled, "The one and only, how did you know it was me?". "You're the only one with the really annoying voice", he laughed slightly before groaning. "Asshole", she gave me a look of annoyance and raised a middle finger at my phone. "She just gave me the finger didn't she?", Chris asked chuckling lightly.

These idiots. It was so obvious they liked each other.

Alex scoffed slightly. "I know she wants me", Chris said, Alex must have heard Chris's comment because in less than 5 seconds than grabbed the phone from my hand and put it to her ear. "Yeah I want your head on a silver platter", she gave a sarcastic smile. "Don't lie to yourself, you know want me", I heard Chris say and Alex scoffed. "Want what? the Mike & Ike you have for a dick?", Alex laughed. "Babe you know really well that that isn't true", Chris said, I could practically hear his smirk. The cocky bastard. I chuckled and got up to throw away my trash and to give the two love birds a little privacy.

As I walked to the trash can, I could hear Alex' bickering and I noticed that she was the loudest in the whole restaurant. Damn. Some people were giving her weird looks and when I sat next to her, I felt some eyes on me but I guess that what I get for being friends with psychopaths. 5 minutes later, Alex and I were walking out of Taco Bell, Alex held my phone to her ear as she continued to argue with Chris about some crazy shit only they understood. These two are crazy for each. As I opened my car door, I noticed someone on the other side of the parking lot.

Veronica.