✖ Chapter 3 ✖

When I got home, I was surprised it wasn't on fire or nothing in the kitchen was burning. My mom is not the best cook, she's actually terrible, sorry for the cruel honesty but it's true. She's probably burned all of her attempts at 'home cooked' meals. One Thanksgiving, she burned the turkey to a crisp, and by crisp I mean it looked like a big ass piece of coal on silver platter. I love my mom but damn she was a horrible cook. I chuckled at the memory and walked into the living room to find my mom on the couch reading a book.

"Hey mom", I greeted making my way to the couch and kissed her on the cheek. "Honey go take a shower you look like a mess", she said looking at me then going back to get book. "Gee thanks I love you too mom", Yep going the love. I turned my head to roll my eyes so she wouldn't notice, if not I would've gotten a smack on the head.

My mom's kinda violent.

I left the living room and made my way towards my room. "Love you!", my mom yelled as I opened my door and entered my room.

I surprisingly ended up doing my homework which only took like 2 hours and when I checked my phone it was 6:45. I laid on my bed and stared absent minded at my ceiling. After about a while, I turned to my side and checked my clock, it was 7.

Wow you just stared a blank ceiling for 15 minutes, way to be productive Shawn yay gold star for you.

Yep I'm going insane.

It was Friday night and here I was in my room, laying on my bed, staring at a ceiling. Oh well whatever. But for some strange reason I was pretty tired and didn't feel like going out. As I laid once again on my back, I thought about what happened today with that chick. I had never seen her before, maybe she was new. I've seen almost everyone in the damn school but I hadn't seen her and I would not have missed her, she definitely stood out. I was quite surprised she didn't give me goo goo eyes or drool over me. Not be conceited or anything but I was sexy. Sorry not sorry, I'm pretty damn fine. I have my fair share of admirers, just like Alex and Rose, I think maybe just a little more than them. I don't think anyone can resist all of this.

What the hell's wrong with me , I'm here thinking about this chick I just saw today. I'm acting girly ugh. She's just a girl calm the fuck down Shawn.

But she's unlike any other girl you'd ever seen though, my subconscious added.

What the fuck? Gee thanks subconscious.

Whatever. I decided to drop the topic and reached for my phone which was on my night stand. I dialed Chris' number. He's been my best friend since as long as I can remember. I waited a couple seconds until he finally picked and replied with a hey. "What are you doing right now?", I asked into the speaker.

"Going to a party, you should come with", he replied.

"Ehh dude I don't know"

"Oh come on it'll be fun."

"Ugh fine where is it?"

"Nah bro I'll pick up in 10"

"Alright"

I quickly hung up and got up from my bed and walked to my closet and chose a random outfit. So much for not going out tonight. A white T shirt with skinny jeans and a leather jacket, you know casual.

I left my room and went to the kitchen and grabbed a glass of water. I took a sip from the glass and turned to find my mother leaning the fridge. "Shit mom you scared the living crap out me!", I yelled, nearly spitting out the water I had in my mouth. My mom's gonna kill me one day. " Hey watch the language", my mother warned before smacking me on the head. "Sorry", I mumbled putting the glass into the sink. "Where are you going?", my mom asked taking out a bottle of some pink liquid from the fridge. What the heck? "A party, Chris is picking me up", I replied. My mother looked at me for a while before pouring herself a glass of that weird pink stuff. "Ok but be home before 12, please", my mother pulled me into a hug and I was caught by surprise but I awkwardly hugged her back. Ok? She released from the hug and there was a knock at the door. "That's Chris see you later mom", I kissed my mom goodbye but she grabbed me by the arm. "Honey I don't want grandkids until I'm in my late 50s so keep you're junk in your pants and if not use protection, ok? don't be stupid", she said smiling and gently slapping my face. "Honey I mean it", she said in a warning tone, her face full of seriousness. I looked at her with confusion and shock.

Now I know where I get my crazy from.

I rolled my eyes and laughed at my mom's ridiculous thought before saying goodbye and walking to the door. My mom is literally the craziest woman on the face of this planet. She's insane and full of weirdness, but I love her.

I reached the door and opened it to see a man whore at my foot steps, he may be my best friend but he still is one. Chris and I did our handshake from like 5 grade. Yeah yeah yeah we still do it. We got into Chris' car and he turned the radio on and grabbed a paper bag from the back seat. He handed to me and I grabbed the Jack Daniel's bottle that was inside. "Damn where the hell did you get this from?", I asked looking at the bottle. "My dad's liquor cabinet but he won't notice and it's not for you". I frowned. Aww man that's sucks I wasted some. Chris looked at me and laughed. "Ready to party motherfucker?" and drove.