Chapter One

(This will mainly be in her pov and if it's not I'll let you know)

I wake up to other kids yelling at the "warden" well that's what I call her. I turn my music on to "The Stars Comes Out" by RUNAGROUND so it can be easier to see. That's because when I was born there was music playing and I can't see anything, so yeah I'm blind but I can see the main things that people have to tell who's who, the music helps me see because I can see the notes of the music form into the silhouettes of everything, but with phones or stuff I can see the screen of anything, I don't know why, also it hard for me to read but music helps a lot with everything with me. I can still hear the other kids talking about Christmas being in three days. You see Christmas hasn't been my favorite holiday because being in a orphanage and being blind everyone acts as if they don't see you. I am going to be 13 in about four days and it's hard for a teenager to get adopted by anyone and since I'm blind there's no point anymore. I hear some kids yell my name and telling the warden that I had my music on to loud, then I hear her footsteps coming to my room. I went under my bed got my backpack put some more stuff into it and put my phone in my pocket with my wire headphones in my ears so I can still listen to music and not run into anything while running in the streets of New York. I put my backpack on my back I head out the window to the fire escape. As I get out to it I hear her open the door and yell my name. I climbed down the ladders as fast as I can when she did. I get to the ground and look back towards the window to see her head looking for me. I turn the music on higher and start running. I ran to the closeness subway station I knew and pull out some cash I saved up and got a ticket to anywhere but here. I get on the subway and ride it till it's last stop to read I was in Washington D.C. I pull my phone up and looked up any store with transportation and it gave me a list of car places and a bike shop about half mile away from me. After walking for sometime I walk in to see a man there reading a paper.(Evelyn) Hi sir is this Ricky's Bike Shop.(Billy) Well yes it is so how can I help you today. (Evelyn) Well I need a bike that I can ride and carry my bag as well.(Billy) I have the perfect bike for you follow me. (Evelyn)Ok. I follow him into a room and there's two bikes of my words.(Billy) Well take your pick. (Evelyn) Thank you. I can't see color so I pick the one that was bright pink and I hear the man laughing. (Evelyn) What? (Billy) Well I just thought that you would have taken the blue one right there not the pink one.(Evelyn) Oh I'm sorry it's just I can't see anything so I thought it didn't matter. (Billy)Oh so your blind. (Evelyn)Yeah I am.(Billy)Oh I'm so sorry you know what you can have it on the house. (Evelyn) R-really sir. (Billy) Of course go on take it and go back home. (Evelyn)Uh about that I don't have one I'm an orphan. (Billy) Oh sorry to hear that we'll go on I'm not stopping you. (Evelyn) Thank you. I got on the other bike put my backpack into the carrier part and ride it back outside. I'm glad he didn't tell me to pay because I'm going to need that money for food. It's about 8 o'clock at night and I come to a stop in a desert that I was in. I flipped over the bike carrier and pulled out my baby blanket out for warmth. I hope I can get to Washington State cause that's as far as I'm going to go. I head to bed after I pull my stuff animal dog buddy to help me sleep.