5 Regrets and Sadness

I turned around. Kirigiri's purple hair was the first thing I saw. "Kirigiri-san", I said nervously. "What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same question", Kirigiri said. Her eyes were sparkling, as thousands of stars at night, like a beautiful sunset in Paris. She kept looking at me, and I gasped.

"Sorry, I", I said troubled. "I".

"Don't worry, I'll be fine", Kirigiri said, hiding her cheeks' redness with her books. I looked so stupid, as I was standing in front of her, unable to even say a word.

"Hehe, so", I said awkwardly, after a few minutes of staring at each other. "Do you have any favorite animals or something?" Kirigiri's face turned red, and so did mine. I couldn't believe that I had said something that stupid to her.

I smiled nervously, blinking with my eyes. "Anyway". She looked away. "Are you coming to the science class next week, then?" I nodded, smiling brightly. She turned around to walk away, probably to the cafeteria. Before Kirigiri left, I quickly turned around, grabbing her uniform sleeve. She looked at me, obviously wondering why I had grabbed her sleeve.

"Hey, Kirigiri-san?" I asked her nervously. "Can I ask you something?"

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I wanted to-" But no words about the café or names, such as Aoi and Sakura, came out of my mouth. "N-Nevermind", I said to her. "I-I'll go now, but I'll see you later". I waved at her, smiling, as I went into the school bathrooms, for both genders. I quickly went to the toilet, and when I was done, I flushed. I walked out to where I could wash my hands, but I suddently bumped into someone. That someone was no other than Sayaka. Seriously, why did I keep bumping into everyone today? She blushed, looking away.

"Uhm, sorry", I heard her say. I blushed too, as I walked off to wash my hands. I could see that Sayaka was smiling for herself, as I looked up at the mirror. I laughed awkwardly, what was I supposed to do.

"Do you want to come with me, Aoi and Sakura to the café tomorrow afternoon?" I asked her, as I looked at her adorable smile. The words accidentally fell out of my mouth, and I knew I was too late to fix what I had just said. So much for having "good luck".

"Would I?" she said flattered. "Of course, Makoto". Sayaka hugged me tight, and she soon looked me in my eyes, we were very close. I heard a click behind me, and I saw a purple haired girl walk by. Kirigiri. I soon stopped looking at Sayaka, as I turned around, looking for Kirigiri, but she was gone. I looked behind me, realizing that all the doors to the bathroom were closed, except for one. Kirigiri had probably walked in there.

"O-Oh", I said nervously, the happiness had disappeared from my voice. Sayaka had totally ignored Kirigiri when she walked past us. I walked a few steps backwards, rubbing my hand against my backhead. "T-That's cool".

"So, when is it?" Sayaka said with a really hyped voice. She was obviously happy about what I had asked her. It wouldn't be weird if she thought that I had just invited her to a date.

"Uhm, it's tomorrow", I said nervously. I kept looking at the closed bathroom door, thinking of Kirigiri. "I'll send you a text".

"Here's my number", Sayaka said, pulling out a sticky note out of her bag. "Do you have a pen or anything?"

"Yeah, s-sure", I said, handing over a pen. She quickly wrote down her number, giving it to me. "I-I'll see you tomorrow then", I said, looking at her walk out of the bathroom with short steps. She suddently turned around, running towards me.

"Makoto", she said. "Thanks". She suddently did something I'd never believe a girl would ever do to me. She planted her lips on my cheek, smiled and ran out of the bathroom. I stood there, flattered and happy, but still disappointed and scared. Did Sayaka just. Kiss me? I looked at the sticky note she had given me, as I read the number for myself many times in my head. I couldn't believe it. I had asked Sayaka to go on a date with me. But I still felt like I had done something terrible. Something I couldn't fix. Suddently I heard a click. I turned around, seeing the bathroom door open itself.

"Kirigiri-san", I began, but the girl who came out of the bathroom wasn't Kirigiri. No, it didn't look like Kirigiri at all. Short, purple hair. A uniform that was clearly too small for her, probably made to look "fashionable". Short, black eyelashes. I suddently realized who it was. It was one of Sayaka's band members. She was one of the girls who were sitting behind me in Sayaka's car.

"Makoto, hi", she said, waving at me. Before I could say anything, she went to wash her hands, talking to me. "I heard your conversation with Sayaka and I just couldn't interrupt your adorable moment". She smiled, but it looked kind of fake. "You two are such a cute and perfect couple. You should be together, like that would be perfection".

"I-I see", I said. The girl made her hands dry, using the machine next to her. She continued smiling, as she ran outside, closing the door after her. I sighed. "Great". Looking down at my hands, still shaking after Sayaka's kiss, I felt a wave of sadness move around inside me. So Kirigiri wasn't listening to me and Sayaka's conversation. Kirigiri wasn't even inside the bathroom. It was one of Sayaka's band members. Then why was I so sad?

Writer's note: This is my least fav chapter so far, not only because Naezono (haha, sorry), but also because of the shortness of the chapter. The next chapter will be super long, so prepare yourselves to long fangirling, I guess.