8 No more

I ran home, regretful and disappointed. What had just happened? With the thought of regret, I sat down on my bed, just starig out of the window, as the raindrops fell down the seethrough glass. I decided to call Aoi on video, because I needed to talk face to face before Monday. I texted her and she soon called me. As I clicked "approve", I saw Aoi's bright face appear on the now colorful screen. "What's up, Makoto?" she said. Her mouth was covered with donut frosting, making me believe that she ate them before she called me.

"Well, I'm kind of in this situation", I said slowly. "Is anyone there? I mean like in your house?" Aoi shaked her head.

"No, my family is out to buy food and they'll be gone for over two hours due to some meeting with some of their clients, so I'm free", Aoi said and I sighed.

"Good, I need to speak with you alone", I said. "And I need to do it now, before my mom, dad and Komaru, my little sister, come home". Aoi raised an eyebrow, before taking a bite from a pink sprinkled donut.

"What's wrong?" she said concerned, and I sighed.

"So you know that earlier today, we were at the bakery, right?" I said nervously. "Well, I'm kind of-"

"You're blushing, Makoto", Aoi said surprised. "Did something special happen?" She smiled.

"What? No! Absolutely not", I shouted, but when I looked at my picture in the corner of my computer screen, I clearly saw that I was blushing intense. "I-Is it that clear?" I said, and I shook my head. "No, actually, I really need to talk to you about this girl".

"Oooo", Aoi said interested. "Please tell me you and Kirigiri did somethin' something". She laughed. "Nah, just kidding. That would be kinda. Huh. I don't really know". Now my cheeks became so red that I looked more like a tomato than a high school boy.

"Oh no- Stop it already, Asahina-san", I shouted frustrated, but Aoi just sat there, laughing. "But seriously-"

"Sorry, Naegi", Aoi spoke. "I'll let you talk, but have this donut first". She "handed" over a donut, and I pretended to take it.

"Thanks, I guess", I said, but she definetly made me happier. "So, about this girl. I've kind of... Fallen for her..."

"Tell me more, tell me more", Aoi said excited.

"So, well, I went out with her as you know", I explained. But instead of getting more excited, Aoi's face lost its brightness. She took a concerned bite from another, this time blue sprinkled with green frosting, donut. "Uhm, so, I know this may sound ridiculous, but I-"

"Oh, hold on", Aoi said nervously. She looked rather scared. "Don't get too excited, y' know". I raised an eyebrow. "Uhm, I know we've been teenagers, well not teenagers, but you get the point, for a while now, and it may sound surprising, but uhm things like this is normal". I was really confused. Had Aoi just said that? That didn't quite sound like her at all. "Have you ever liked someone before?" I nodded.

"Well, I've liked quite many girls, especially Sayaka-" Aoi interruped me before I could even finish my short sentence.

"So there you have it", Aoi said slowly. "It's your first real crush-"

"It's not exactly my first real crush-" But Aoi interrupted me with her little lecture about love.

"I wouldn't be so sure, Naegi-kun", Aoi said nervously. I was really confused now. Just this morning she was super excited about me and Kirigiri meeting. And now she wasn't? She didn't even show any interest at all. All happiness was like lost in her voice and she suddently just changed opinion on me and Kirigiri? Aoi finished her sentence, and silence occured.