Chapter Fourteen: Strong Genes

Han and I woke up to someone banging on our motel room door. We flew up and looked at each other."Hey! Wake up you two!" We heard Brian's annoyed voice on the other side of the door. Han quickly put his shirt on and I got dressed too. Han walked over to the door and opened it and I flopped down on the bed. "What is up with you guys!?" Brian started. "Sorry...we went to bed late last night..." Han lied through gritted teeth. Brian stepped in and looked around in the room. "I hope you two didn't sleep in the same bed." Brian joked. I could feel my heart pound against my ribcages. "What do you think of me?" I asked with my arms crossed and Han shot me a nervous glance. "Just making sure...besides Han knows what's going to happen to him if you did." Brian said patting Han on the shoulder. "Is it okay to go home now or what?" I asked pissed only because Brian ruined my sleep in with Han. "Why do you think I'm here? Get your lazy asses ready we're leaving in half an hour. Han can I talk to you?" Brian said  walking out again. Han looked at me with a confused frown before going out and I just shrugged my shoulders. I took the duffle bag and searched through it for an outfit. Than I got into the shower,got out and got dressed. When I was done I went outside to Brian and Han talking. "Ready to go?" I asked. I noticed that Han was wearing different clothes. "Sure...let's go." "I'm just gonna go grab the bags." Han started the stairs and Brian looked at me. "Is everything okay between you?" He asked with a suspicious tone. "Yeah...why?" "He looks a little uncomfortable." I snorted. "Doesn't he always?"

Han reappeared with the bags and Brian and I got into his car while Han drove off in his. I got a text from Takashi and suddenly I felt like such a used slut.

Hey. I hope you're doing okay. I'm sorry for what happened to you baby. I wanna see you..if it's okay.

I texted him back knowing I have to face him some other time.

Sure. On my way home with Brian I'll text ya the time and place later.

After a while we pulled up to our house and Han pulled over shortly after that. He got out and just glanced at me before disappearing into the house. Mia,Letty and Dom came walking out and Mia came grabbing me in a suffocating hug.

"I'm so glad you're okay. How are you feeling!? Your bruises..let me look at it." She rumbled the sentences off.

"I'm okay..really. These simple bruises are nothing."

Dom came and put his hand on my shoulder.

"You sure you okay kid?" He asked a little concern.

"Sure...I've been through worst."  

"There you have it...O'Connor by blood."

Letty said with a joking tone and Mia glared at her. It's really obvious who's mamma bear between them.

"Go upstairs and rest for a little Chlo..and I don't wanna argue about it."

"O-kay...you're acting as if I'm that difficult."

I took my duffle bag and went upstairs. When I walked past Han's room the door was open to a crack and I could see him doing push-ups. I just shrugged and went to my room. We already decided that we were going to leave each other alone. I should stick with that no matter how heartbreaking it is. I flopped on my bed and put the ear buds in my ears listening to music. I don't know for how long I was out cause when I opened my eyes it was already late afternoon. I flew up remembering that I still have to meet up with Takashi. I grabbed my clothes and went to the bathroom and ran a shower. When I was done I went downstairs everyone was curled up in front of the TV watching some movie. Mia,Letty,Dom,Brian and even Han who was eating a packet of chips. I went to the kitchen and threw myself a glass of water wondering how the hell I was going to sneak out without them noticing me. I looked at the key holder on the wall. There was about maybe seven car keys. Mustang....mine..I reached out but a voice behind me made me jump.