Chapter Ten

Roxy’s P.O.V

Me and Louis made our way through Central Park him holding two shopping bags for me while I balanced another plus my handbag. We had been all over the city and after about four hours of shopping we were both exhausted.

For a while we had sat in the park, watching the pigeons as he named and numbered each one Kevin, Kevin Jr, Kevin the Third, and so on.

Now the sun was beginning to set on the horizon, behind the skyscrapers the stars were starting to appear in the fading orangy pink sky.

We left the park and walked down the sidewalk until we reached the space where the tour bus was parked. Tomorrow we had an interview on The Today Show, so we had to be ready pretty early, no one was visible through the tinted glass so neither of us had any idea if the boys, Zayn or Jessy were waiting inside.

I took a deep breath and reached out for the door but before I could pull it open  Louis hand curled over my own stopping me.

“Roxy I, uh...” he said, stopping awkwardly.

“Yeah Lou?” I asked confused.

“I just wanted to tell you that...”

“Louis what's up? Just tell me,” I insisted, crossing my arms and leaning back against the bus door.

“I just wanted to tell you…that I had fun shopping with you today.” He rushed to finish the sentence, looking away from me, not meeting my gaze even when I moved in front of him.

For a few moments I studied his expression; it was not easy to read in any way, and all I could see was he was lying to me.

Maybe he hated shopping...or he didn’t like spending time with me.

“Okay Louis, see you in the morning.” I said emotionlessly.

I yanked open the bus door and ran inside, past where Harry, Liam and Niall were sitting, into my room slamming the door and locking it behind me.

*

I awoke the next morning feeling just as sad, hurt and hated as before. I knew the other boys hated me but I had no idea Louis would be nice to me all day then lie to me that way.

I dressed in casual clothes, pink jeans, pink sneakers, a white top with a kitten on it and a cat shaped shoulder bag. I shoved my phone into the bag and left the room to see Jessy stood outside with her clothes from yesterday still on.

“I wouldn't mind being allowed into MY room to get ready now!” she snapped, pushing past me and slamming the door behind her.

I glared at the closed door for a moment before storming down the tiny corridor to the main part of the bus. Liam, Niall and Harry were sat in the booth eating cereal and talking. I looked at the seat and then shook my head to myself and stayed standing as far from them as possible. I made myself tea and was about to turn around anyway when I felt a hand on my waist and span faster than intended, slamming down the tea mug onto the counter.

It was Louis who had grabbed me and was now smiling down brightly at me like his usual self, all traces of deception and awkwardness gone from his face.

“Hey Rox, you ready for the show?” he asked brightly.

WHAT?

“Um, yeah, I’m good...are you okay?” I replied uncertainly.

“Yeah I’m fine, c’mon let’s have breakfast!” he cried pulling out the cereal box and pouring us some each.

He took my hand and pulled me over to the table, sitting me next to Harry and then taking the seat opposite me, setting the bowls down between us.