Chapter 8.

I sigh when two girls comes through the door.

I gently put Evelyn in the stroller I brought with me. I pay for the coffee and start walking towards the door.

I don't know, even though it would've been awkward as hell meeting him, I'm dissapointed.
I walk down the street and turned around the corner. And from nowhere someone's walking right into the the stroller.

"What the.." I start without thinking.

"Oh I'm sorry." A man says.

"Luke?" It was his accent for gods sakes.
I only mumbled the name of the Australian boy, but the man with the grey hoodie turned around and faced me.

"I'm sorry I'm late." He says quiet. I could feel an inner smile grow inside of me but still my face wasn't moving an inch.
"Why are you even this late? I sigh and roll my eyes.

"The..uhm the traffc. I'm sorry." He says nervously, not letting his eyes of my sleeping daughter.

"Is that her?" He says carefully and almost a bit shy.
I nod. Looking first at him, then her, then him again.
He walks infront of the stroller to get a better look at my daughter.

"Wow she really is beautiful."

"Yes she is." I mumble quiet.

"Could I might ask what her name is? He clear his throat.

Here we go. I'm offically gonna introduce my daughter to my daughters father. Well that sounds a bit of a mess.

"Evelyn." I say. I would have wanted to put Deyes after but that's just unnecessary to say.

"I remeber that you always thought that name was beuatiful."

"Well then it makes sense." I snap and look away.
Somehow we start walking. I don't even now what our destination is but that's not my biggest problem around here

"I found out what happened to your parents." Luke says quickly. Like he has been dragging it out.
HE DID WHAT!? I can feel my heart start beating faster, faster.
"Oh." The only word that my worth managed to make.

"I'm truly sorry Grace. I am." I nod, the memories keep flowing into my mind.
The car crash, all the pointless articles. Luke dumped me just a few weeks before it happend. My depression, all the tears. The whole mess.

"Why didn't you call me?" I had to ask him. That's been my only question for so long. I need to know.
Why did he chose to just forget about me and our action and leave me with..with all that.

Oh shit, keep those tears in Grace.

He stop walking and looks at me.

"You want to kow why?"
I give him a simple nod.
"Because I was 16. I know it's a bad excuse to say that you were young and fucking stupid but I was. I loved you but I was just too selfish and scared of the thought that my whole life would've been affected. I was scared because suddenly I was in a mans shoes that I had never understood. My father. He did the exact same thing as I did. And I know that I can't do anything now, I can't turn back time and change my decision, but if I could. I would. I mean it, this comes from my heart Grace. I would have hugged you and never let go." He breathe.

I don't know what it is, but his words don't mean a thing for me right now.

"It's not enough telling me what you would have done. You did a completly other thing. I don't have to bring it up again because you know exactly what you did. I might have food on the table now but you have no clue about what I have been through. How hard I've been working, not just to get money, I went to school at the same time. I had no parents, no one."

I am really sorry about the rubbish rubbish update. The school's literally been throwing tests at us and I have never had a minute over to take the time and write a new chapter. I hope that I can keep up with a fair update. Thank you to everyone that has been voting and commenting even though I was gone for such a long time. That motivated me to actually write this chapter and the ones that will come in the future. Love, Laura.