one

Michael's POV

Michael McAllen is my name. Editor of 'The Newsflash', a local newspaper published weekly. I wish fulfilling the requirements of this job was as easy as that sounded. It just so happened that I was visiting the one massive band in the world at the moment, One Direction. It was my first front page head liner, which was quite nerve-racking. My girlfriend loves them, even though she is 24. She is over in Australia at the moment; I miss her quite a lot. I hope she missed me too.

I have to get her an autograph, she's so obsessed. Every time we are in the car, the pandora radio is bound to be on the One Direction station. When l found out that l was interviewing them along with many other internation newspapers and tv shows l have never heard her scream so loudly. 

-

Flashback

"Mon I've got something important to tell you."

Her eyes shot lasers into my skull, she had just gotten home from a busy day at work and wasn't prepared for any stupid jokes, or anything stupid for that matter.

"Yes."

"I got called in for my first head-liner today."

A grin spread from ear to ear, and her eyes sparkled under the lights. I could tell she was truly proud of me; "That's fantastic!"

"Do you want to know what it is about?"

"Not that it matters, but go on."

"You know what is happening in a few months time?"

"Lots of things, but something to look forward to? Probably the One Direction- wait. No."

"You got it."

"NO WAY MIKE I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! YOU ARE GOING TO MET MY IDOLS. CAN YOU TELL HARRY I LOVE HIM, AND NIALL THAT HE HAS THE BEST COLOURED HAIR ALTHOUGH HE SHOULD GO LILAC, AND ZAYN THAT HIM AND PERRIE ARE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL COUPLE EVER, AND LOUIS- AHHHHH!"

-

As I walk into the hotel lobby there are at least 30 girls waiting with signs for them to arrive, not knowing that they were already there. You could tell that they were buzzed up with excitement, smiles bearing all their young faces.

Buffed up security guards with navy blue uniforms stood close to the lift, giving me a forceful stare as I walked in their direction. A tall, lanky, skinny guy like me looked like nothing but an ant to them. Proving my I.D. they let me through and showed me to their room on level five, room 512.

I didn't bother knocking as they were probably seated waiting for me to arrive, as I walked in the five boys were jumping all over the beds looking like they were having a pillow fight, for some reason that slowed my heart-rate and made me feel more comfortable. One moment I will not forget is when they glanced up, with their un-aged faces full of embarrassment.

"Sorry I'm early, was l interrupting something?"

There was a sudden silence of awkwardness, followed by a burst of laughter.
"No, no! Certainly not! Just trying to pass some time..."

I think that one was Louis, which is my girlfriend's favourite. His piercing green eyes, tattoos perfectly sculpted down his arm, and half combed and gelled back hair do not seem to match what he was doing a few seconds ago. Or it could be Harry, or Niall, to be honest, I have no clue.

They were actually much cooler than I thought it would be, they seemed to not mind the camera taking a photo every now and then reflecting like flash bulbs off their eyes, but then again, they are very used to it. The interview went by like a breeze, and I found out a lot about them, more than I expected, and I felt as though I had known them forever. All of them gave off a comfortable vibe, one that you could sit down with for a few hours with a cup of coffee. Unfortunately, it was time to say goodbye.
"You are a pretty chilled out guy Michael, it was very nice meeting with you today..."

Before he could finish the sentence I remembered something I was lucky to not forget. I opened the picture of Monique on my phone.

"Before I go, my girlfriend, she is a massive fan of you guys, could I please get a photo and maybe a few autographs?"

"Hey listen, I really do like you, you're different from most interviewers, you actually seem like you care about us all." Harry says with a generous smile.

There were a few nods and agreeing hums from the boys in the background.
"We have a concert in London in a few days, how about we give you three VIP backstage passes and she can come meet us for real instead of a few phony photos and autographs."

I was honestly astounded; I couldn't believe how happy Monique was going to be with this. I thanked them many times and wished them luck on their future tours and adventures. I hope she forgives me for the other outburst l had the night before she left. I get to see her tonight, as well as the tickets, I will have an extra special surprise waiting for her when she gets home. Writing this article is going to be the second step to the ultimate, yet crazy week.

____________________________________________________________________________

Sorry this is so short and horrible it gets better l promise. This was my first chapter so it wasn't the best l have ever done. I update every week (most of the time) so yeah! The next few chapters will reveal more about what Monique and Michael are like, to understand them better. 

Keep reading! x

-Abbey :)