two

Monique's POV

Ten o'clock, one hour until I could see Michael. Usually I am okay when I get sent overseas for a conference, but this time was different. I missed the crooked smile he would show when I told him one of my classic jokes, that aren't even that funny. His eyes glimmered when I said those three little words. When he would sub-consciously chew on the remote when we argued over watching Doc Martin or Bear Grylls. The hand gestures he conducted while trying to convince me to make his favourite meal, even though we had lasagne the night before. Missing Michael is natural, but this was different.

Quarter past ten. According to the screen in front of me that had been providing me with fulfilling entertainment and being able to catch up on all the Doc Martin episodes I have missed, it was nearly time for landing. I changed into different clothes since I was wearing a baggy jumper and pants for the long haul flight. Slipping into the silk blouse, and gently threading my arms through the holes, I realised this was what I wore when we first met. How ironic. It was like everything fell into place perfectly. As I sat down in isle 6 seat C, I noticed a piece of yellow sticky note paper hanging out of my handbag.

"We're landing in the next five minutes. Please take a seat or remain seated, and buckle your seat belts. Thank you for flying with Emirates."

Half past ten.

Monique,

I don't know if you will see this because l think l hid it in the place for it to most likely fall out when you are thumbling around in it, trying to find god knows what. When you told me you were going to Australia the first thing that popped into my head was yum... meat pies! But the second thing was how you could run away with some handsome Australian surfer dude who will treat you like a true woman should be treated. Not like how l treated you before you left, l deeply apologise, l over-reacted it’s just some of the stress building up because of the new job and little things like that. Ugh all l can say are excuses! Anyways, I promise not to do that ever again, I really do regret it. I hope your conference doesn't suck too much without me! I will sure miss your lasagne though.

Love you to the moon and back,

Michael xx <3

As I collect my luggage I hear my phone buzz in my back pocket. Reaching the phone and replying to the text I read;

 Michael: I finished work early today just for you, are you in yet? :)

Me: Yep l sure am! I will be able to leave in about fifteen minutes,

come pick me up at 10:45am, l will be waiting outside starbucks

in the international terminal. Keen to see you :*

Michael: Me too! See you then love. Xx

Forty minutes past ten. Sitting in Starbucks, I hear the staff call out my name to collect my Green Tea Frappuccino. As I grab hold of my drink I see a napkin next to it with a phone number, looking around I wonder who the number belongs to. I look towards to cashier counter and see a young boy with flipped blonde hair and blue eyes shyly glance over and wink. Wow, that hasn’t happened in a long time. Laughing to myself I mouth him a ‘sorry’ and throw out the napkin. I know that might seem rude, but I am taken and what else am I meant to do? There he is, the man I haven’t seen in two weeks and miss terribly, more than ever. Before he even sees me I run behind him and jump on his back, my senses are overloaded with the feeling of his soft blazer he always wears and the cologne that tingles my nose. He lets out a little yelp and I let go.

“I thought you were a complete stranger trying to attack me! I feared for my life!”

“I missed you too?” I giggled.

“Of course I missed you love, let’s go back and get some lunch, what about Nando’s?”

“I’d love too!”

Michael grabbing my luggage I jump into the passenger seat, and as he gets back into the car and gets it started I must be off in a daze.

“Are you okay?” He asks with a concerning look on his face. His eyes are beautiful, mostly blue, but they feature bits of green and brown which make them unique and obviously easy to lose concentration while looking.

“Yeah of course, I mean I am here with you, what could be any better?”

“I don’t know maybe this?”

Surprised, he pulls out a small box containing a beautiful ring that reminds me of his grandmothers... wait. Before I can interrupt he nervously blurts;

“Monique Centalli, will... will you take my hand in marriage?”

 God, I am glad to be back home. 

_____________________________________________________________________________

Thank you so much for reading lovelies! I will be updating on Monday/Tuesday as per usual, this was a special treat for getting to 50 reads! xx

-Abbey :)