Part Three: Welcome to the "Dto"

"Welcome to the Jungle" belongs to Guns N' Roses.

The ship descended closer and closer to the massive jungle. The underside brushed against the forest canopy and continued to sink even further. Nahkt still was unable to gain control of the craft. He growled in frustration.

Suddenly, the side of the spacecraft collided with the side of a rocky cliff, and the spaceship began rolling across the terrain. I tightly grasped the arms of the chair, but my fingers slowly began to slip away. I couldn't hold on for much longer. I dug my nails into the metal, but they quickly grew tired. My grip gave out, and I was thrown from my seat. The air was knocked from my lungs as I landed face-first onto the floor. I bit down on my tongue. A stinging pain arose in the inside of my mouth, and I tasted blood.

The craft jolted, and I was launched into the air. Then I was hurled straight into Nahkt. Before I was thrown into the window, he quickly threw his arm around my torso and held me tightly against him.

He said: Don't worry, I've got you.

Relief flooded though me. Although Nahkt had a secure grip, I still felt as if I was trapped in a washing machine. From looking out the window, everything appeared to be spinning round and round. I was incredibly dizzy and beginning to feel nauseous. I prayed that I wouldn't throw up.

The craft finally came to a halt after what seemed like an eternity. The blood at my temples throbbed like a drum, and my head would not stop spinning.

I looked at Nahkt and said: We've stopped. You can let go of me now.

He answered: Oh, right.

After his statement, he removed his arm from me. I crawled out of his lap. Upon standing, my knees buckled under me, and I landed on my rear. My balance was seriously screwed up. It felt like my eyes were doing backflips in their sockets.

Nahkt exclaimed: Woah, you okay? You seem to be having trouble standing.

I turned onto my back and replied: Yeah, I'm just a bit dizzy, that's all.

Nahkt rose from his chair and outstretched his arm to me. I grasped his hand, and he pulled me onto my feet. I tried to stand on my own, but my head was still too dizzy. This caused me to fall into him. He held up his arm and caught me before I could collapse onto the ground.

He asked: Are you sure you're okay?

I responded: Uh-huh. I'm perfectly fine.

After my balance returned to normal, I stood back up and shook myself off. I grabbed my mask and snapped it on. Nahkt did the same. He walked over to the crates. The twine holding them to the floor had snapped under the extreme tension.

The seals of the boxes had been broken open, and their contents lay strewn across the floor. He reached down into the litter and picked up a band. It was white in color, and laced with red and black wires. A small, red light flashed at a soft, steady beat in the center of the sash. I was curious to see what it was.

Nahkt held it up and said: Here, let me put this around your neck.

I questioned: Sure, but what is it?

He responded: A tracking device. I am only doing this as a precaution. Any jungle is a dangerous place; I know that from past experience.

I turned around and lifted my hair above my head to expose my neck. Nahkt strung the device around my throat and tied the ends together in an extremely tense knot. It was so tight, I was having some difficulty breathing.