Part Nine: Badblood

A/N: There are exceedingly intense, vivid depictions of violence, gore, and thwei (blood) in this chapter. THIS IS GONNA BE EPIC!!!! In other words, if you're squeamish, this part may be a little bit intense.

And I'm just warning you now. This chapter has over 16,000 words... And guess what? It doesn't end there!!! This chapter was originally 32,000+ words all shoved into one part, but I realized it would be much easier to read by splitting it up into two 16,000 word sections!

Check this out, I filled up an entire notebook just with the rough draft!

(Technically, this chapter stretches across three handbooks. I might have a slight obsession...)

Thank you for your patience, and I wish you all good luck (Because you're really going to need some in order to survive this MASSIVE chapter)! Enjoy! :D

~ Nahkt's POV ~

The very second my eyes closed, the hated nightmare focused into my mind. By now, I was used to the events of the vision, but I despised it more than ever. I was also curious... What was it trying to tell me? There had to be an answer for it. Was it a sign??..

This time however, the dream began in the very tree I fell asleep in--not the cave. Eden was once again no longer secured in my arms. In this case, I knew I had to hurry in order to recover her. If I caught up to the poor girl only a few seconds late, she was dead already. Every moment I wasted put her more and more at risk. The Hunter was probably already chasing her down.

I leapt out of the tree in a hurry. Before I had gone to bed, I laid my armor out in a neat pile as I always did. Somehow, this scene was able to incorporate its way into my nightmare. Hmm... Never mind that. Worrying about something so small was not important at the moment. I hastily threw on my daggers and the armored metal that would only protect my vital organs. There was no time to bother with the excess plating--along with my Plasmacaster. I scooped my mask out of the hollowed tree and slipped it onto my face.