7. Season Greetings

I stand in the snow next to Sherlock, clutching my suitcase and wrapped in coat and gloves. Hundreds of cars have started to pull up at the kirb, parents ready to collect their children for the Christmas holidays. I lean against my boyfriend, desperate to get out of the cold.
"Sure you'll be okay," he asks me, putting his arm around me.
"Yeah," I say with a weak smile.
"Don't worry about me."
A car horn sounds in the distance and Sherlock rolls his eyes.
"Well that's me," he says, and I reluctantly pull away from him.
Sherlock turns to leave before looking back towards me.
"Wait I almost forget something," he says eagerly, grabbing for something inside his suitcase.
A few seconds later he hands me a present, completed with a blue bow on top.
"I didn't get you anything," I admit guiltily.
He smiles warmly.
"Don't you worry about that. Now open the present. I'm sorry it's not much."
I tear off the wrapping paper to reveal a blue scarf. I look back up at Sherlock, a look of surprise on my face.
"But this is yours!"
He grins and folds his arms.
"Don't worry, I have plenty more. But that's my favourite one and I wanted you to have it."
He leans down and hugs me tightly.
"I'll see you after the holidays," he whispers.
Sherlock grabs for his suitcase and makes his way down the steps. He stops for a moment to wave me goodbye before crossing the street and climbing into an expensive-looking car.

When he's gone, I lean back against the wall, admiring the scarf in my hands. The thought of not seeing Sherlock for Christmas is a horrible one. But it's only a few weeks I suppose. The scarf he's given me is slightly frayed but apart from that it's in perfect condition. I look up at the sound of footsteps crunching in the snow and I see a tall, sort of muscular guy with blonde hair approach me. He looks me up and down for a moment.
"John Watson?" He asks.
I nod sheepishly. I have no idea who this is.
"I've been asked by your parents to drive you back home. They couldn't be here," he continues.
He leads me down the steps towards a sleek black car parked at the side of the road. The man swings open the door for me and I climb in, still a little confused. That's when I feel something hard strike against the back of my head, and I'm out cold.

••••

Christmas holidays at the Holmes household were always tedious according to Sherlock. He couldn't be left alone in his room to study and worst of all, he couldn't be with John.

He sat in the back of the car next to Mycroft, staring out of the window. Mycroft was telling them all about his friend Greg who's in his Maths class. Sherlock smirked slightly and Mycroft frowned.
"And what about you brother mine?" He asked in annoyance.
"How's your roommate been?"
Sherlock rolled his eyes.
"Normal," Sherlock said casually.
"He's just like every other dull student at this school anyway."
Mycroft turned away and Sherlock grinned out of the window, feeling proud of himself.
Maybe Christmas wasn't going to be so bad after all.

••••

A/N: Dun dun dunnn, next chapter will be up Saturday, please vote if you enjoyed x