Chapter Eighteen

"Soraru-kun!" 96Neko called to Soraru as he was preparing to leave.

"What is it?" Soraru asked with a hint of impatience.

He was eager to get home. After all, it was Friday, meaning the weekend was finally here.

"I'm going out to a karaoke bar with some friends tonight, and I wanted to know if you'd like to join us," 96Neko responded.

Soraru was about to decline like he usually would, when he suddenly remembered something. Didn't MafuMafu say he wanted to go to a karaoke bar sometime? Soraru thought to himself. After considering this for a moment, he finally came up with an answer.

"Sure, I'll come."

"Really?" 96Neko was more than a little surprised by this.

Soraru hardly ever joined in group activities anymore, and 96Neko really only continued to ask him so she had evidence to use against him whenever they debated over Soraru's shut-in lifestyle. So, this kind of thing was really a rare, even strange, occurrence.

"Yeah, but is it alright if I bring someone with me?" Soraru inquired.

Suddenly, a smirk formed on 96Neko's face as the true reason for Soraru's agreement was revealed.

"Oh, planning to take MafuMafu-san?" she asked with a knowing expression.

"So what if I am?" Soraru grumbled in response, veering his gaze to stare at the wall.

96Neko chuckled and shook her head. Sometimes it was just painfully obvious how Soraru felt about the white-haired male who lived with him.

"Hey, it's fine with me. The more the merrier, I say," 96Neko said breezily. She put a hand on Soraru's shoulder in a friendly gesture. "In fact, I'm glad you're bringing MafuMafu-san along. I'd love to get to know more about him."

"Whatever... What time is it at, anyway?" Soraru questioned.

"Eight o' clock," 96Neko replied simply.

"And I'm assuming we're going to the usual place?" Soraru continued.

96Neko nodded and chirped, "You betcha."

"Alright. I'll meet you there, then," Soraru stated before starting to walk off again. "See you later."

"See ya," 96Neko called with a wave.

Soraru sighed as he exited the building and headed off in the direction of his house. It really had been a while since he had agreed to go out anywhere. Usually, he was too tired or just didn't feel like it, but this time he was almost looking forward to it. Just thinking of MafuMafu's happy grin when he hears they're going to a karaoke bar tonight made Soraru smile softly to himself. Speaking of which...

"I'm hom-"

Before Soraru even got the chance to finish his sentence, MafuMafu had already greeted him with an excited kiss. Soraru's face flushed slightly, but he wasn't exactly against this kind of greeting.

"Welcome home, Soraru-san!" MafuMafu chirped with a grin after he pulled away.

"What are you so excited about?" Soraru chuckled as he took off his coat and hung it up by the door.

"It's the weekend now, so I finally get to spend time with Soraru-san," MafuMafu responded, still smiling brightly.

A smile found its way onto Soraru's face as well at this. "That's true. And since it's the weekend, we're going somewhere tonight."