Chapter Nineteen

96Neko glanced down at the time on her phone as she stood outside the karaoke bar where she was meeting with her friends. It was just a little past eight, and everyone except for Soraru and MafuMafu had shown up. 96Neko honestly wouldn't have been surprised if Soraru decided to cancel the plans at the last minute, so she had been keeping an eye on her phone for any messages from him. Though, when she looked up from her phone screen, her gaze landed on a pair of figures walking toward her. She smiled to herself at the sight.

"Well, would you look at that. Soraru-kun actually showed up," 96Neko commented in amusement.

"Oh, shut up," Soraru rolled his eyes at his friend's joking words.

Just then, 96Neko noticed something rather interesting. Soraru was holding hands with MafuMafu, just like a cute little couple.

"You brought your boyfriend, I see," 96Neko said with a smirk.

"Wha-" Soraru then remembered that he was still holding MafuMafu's hand, and his face flushed bright red. "O-Oh, that... He forgot his gloves at home, so I was just trying to make sure he wasn't cold."

"Mmhmm," 96Neko hummed, still smirking.

Soraru then let go of MafuMafu's hand, much to the white-haired male's disappointment.

"A-Anyway, who else did you invite here?" Soraru asked to change the subject.

"Tenchou and Kogeinu, of course, and some other people. I think Kogeinu brought a few of his friends too, so there's quite a few of us," 96Neko replied as she waved airily toward the door leading into the karaoke bar. "They're all waiting inside, so why don't we go join them?"

"That's fine with me," Soraru responded simply.

With that, 96Neko led them inside and over to a table where a large group of people was sitting. They were all chatting and laughing merrily with multiple plates of food and drinks set out on the table. Upon seeing the group, MafuMafu stuck closer to Soraru. He wasn't used to crowds, having only really spent time with Soraru.

"Don't worry, I'm sure they're all really nice people. There's nothing to be scared of," Soraru told him reassuringly.

MafuMafu still clung to Soraru, but he did seem to relax a little bit. "R-Right..."

"Alright, guys. Now that everyone's here, this party can get started," 96Neko announced once they arrived at the table.

"Whoo! It's karaoke time!" Kogeinu cheered.

Don't tell me he's already drunk, Soraru thought to himself. Just how long has he been here anyway? He couldn't have gotten here long before we did...

"Hmm? Kuro-chan, who's this?" Tenchou inquired curiously while looking at MafuMafu.

"Oh, that's Soraru-kun's soulma-"

"Housemate," Soraru corrected after giving 96Neko a sharp nudge and an even sharper look. "His name is MafuMafu, and he's been living with me recently."

"I-It's nice to meet you all," MafuMafu stammered shyly with a small smile.

"Mafu-kun, huh? That's an interesting name," a brown-haired male named Amatsuki commented with a hint of amusement.

"Eh?" MafuMafu blinked. Mafu-kun? Where did that come from?

"Why don't we just get introductions out of the way so we can start singing?" Kogeinu said in an almost whiny way.