Chapter Five

It was dark. A voice called out from the shadows.
Hey. You. Yeah, you. Why didn't you save me, huh? You never even apologize over the fight we had. Some friend you are.
Another voice started speaking.
Yeah. I bet you didn't even cry when I died. You were probably relieved when you found out I was dead!
The first voice called out again.
I bet he was.
The voice started to laugh, drowning at all other sounds. The voices sound so real...like they were really there...
"NO!" Dick bolted up right in a cold sweat from the hard cold floor of the abandoned apartment building. Panting hard, he brought his knees to his chest and hugged closely. It was quite cold, even for the usual cold chill Gotham usually had in the air. The chill of murder and crime. He had been in that apartment for two days. Dick rocked back and forth, trying to created some warmth. His cheeks were flushed brightly and the ratted old blanket he found has been kicked off. Probably by himself during his nightmare. He checked his phone, which was only at 8% and there was no power anywhere and he only used it to check time. 3:37 am. Deciding that sleep was not an option, he slipped the thin blanket around his shoulders, put everything in his bag, and decided a place with both warmth and power.

Tim slipped into the house and into his room. He had a hard day, since Aqualad sent him and Cassie on a follow up on the joker+poison operation, which lets just say ended up with two thugs going to jail and a couple bruises all over Tim's body. He plopped down on his bed and let out a deep breath. Just then Alfred came in.
"Master Timothy...do you by any chance know where Master Richard may be?" Tim sat up.
"No why?"
"Well I can't tract him now because he's either gone to far or his phone had died."
"Oh well he said he would only be gone a couple days. I'm sure he's fine."
"I hope you're right Master Timothy." And he left the room.
"Me too, Alfred." Tim said to himself.