Better Half

I’m writing letters to my better half. He’s the person I will marry someday. He’s the person I’ll spend the rest of my life with. Most importantly, he’s the person God chose for me.

I don’t know why I decided to write to him; maybe because I want him to know my day. And maybe because I want him to realize that even though we haven't found each other yet, I'm already living like he's already a part of my life.

I’ll probably give the letters to him as a wedding gift. I’m kind of sentimental, you see.

There are times when I’m excited to meet him, and be with him. To know him, talk to him, and to hold his hand. I hope I can feel secure in his arms, like those fictional characters when they say that.

There are times as well when I don’t care; when it doesn’t matter if I’ll see him, and when it doesn’t matter when I’ll fall in love. These are the times when I have a lot of things in my mind; when love is the least of my priorities.

Still, I want him to stay safe and be happy right now that we’re not together yet. I don’t have an idea who he is and much more if I already met him before.

Maybe he’s even reading this now. No one knows. Someday, I will. I hold on to that hope.

I wonder if he thinks of me. . .

One thing I pray for is that he remains faithful to God. That whatever he’s going through, he’ll never give up. May he keep on persevering.

Someday, when it’s God’s perfect time, he’ll know that even before I met him, I already decided to love him.